Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-18-2014, 07:44 PM   #1
fearlessfife
fearlessfife began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Covers don't always show when transferring to Kindle Fire HDX

Hello...I've been using Calibre since I got my first Kindle back in 2010.
I've just recently started having an issue when I sideload a book to any of the Kindles I have in my home... that the cover won't always show in the carousel, it will show the blue & white cover. I have searched all over the internet for an answer and here of course.
I have been able to make it work sometimes by choosing different covers, but never on a regular basis.
I've tried going from mobi>mobi or azw3>mobi, really any combination I could think of....
I'm feel like it might have something to do with the size of the covers or something in the metadata somewhere, but just can't figure it out and to be honest, I never had to worry about the cover before....I generally chose the cover with the highest resolution and it worked.
In the scheme of things, this isn't important, because my books are still easily readable as they are, but I like to try and figure out how things work and fix them if possible...that's why I have gone about 2 months before asking for help....I was hoping to figure it out....
Sorry for the long message, but figured the more information the better...thanks for any help given.
fearlessfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:35 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....droid-ipad-etc
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2014, 08:52 PM   #3
fearlessfife

Thanks for your quick reply....I actually had tried that option and still didn't fix my issue.
Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated.....

Just a sidenote and totally not part of the subject, but I wanted to say what a great piece of software you have created and I have already donated once last year and plan on doing so again this year....
I just really wanted to say that, regardless if my little problem gets fixed, because that's what it is, a small problem, but one I wish I could figure out....
Old 04-19-2014, 11:38 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Try using the Quality Check plugin, to "fix the ASIN for the Kindle Fire". I believe this should fix your problem, possibly in combo with setting the PDOC tag (also under MOBI output) from [PDOC] to [EBOK]
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 05:11 AM   #5
fearlessfife

Wow....eschwartz.....the Quality Check plugin did it!!!!
I can't believe it....Finally, after months was able to get a solution.....thanks so much for the help.
Hehe.....feel like I just won the lottery....aaahhhhh, the little things in life.
Thanks again.
Advert
Old 04-30-2014, 09:32 PM   #6
asifbymagic
asifbymagic began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Im sooo confused... I have done all of these things but I am still having the same problem you have been having... Im getting so frustrated!
asifbymagic is offline   Reply With Quote