Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-18-2010, 01:34 AM   #1
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Question Save to Disk Series Help

I am using the save to disk feature with my daughter's ereader. I set the expression thus:

{author_sort}/{series}/{series_index:0>2s} - {title}

and it gives me the following results.

I was wondering (if possible) how I can get 2 decimals before and after the decimal point. Like this.

DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:32 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I am using the save to disk feature with my daughter's ereader. I set the expression thus:

{author_sort}/{series}/{series_index:0>2s} - {title}

and it gives me the following results.

I was wondering (if possible) how I can get 2 decimals before and after the decimal point. Like this.

I can't get it to work for me: Series Index is 1.3
(shown template trimmed)

{series_index:0^5.2s}-{title}_{id}
Results: 01.00-the_dragonriders_of_pern_377 lost the decimal

{series_index:0<4.2s}-{title}_{id}
Results: 1.00-the_dragonriders_of_pern_377

{series_index:0>4.2s}-{title}_{id}
Results: 001.-the_dragonriders_of_pern_377

BTW your original template (and mine) shows
Results: 1.30-the_dragonriders_of_pern_377 No leading 0
Which is why the (directory) Alpha-sort fails to order as desired
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2010, 05:10 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
BTW your original template (and mine) shows
Results: 1.30-the_dragonriders_of_pern_377 No leading 0
Which is why the (directory) Alpha-sort fails to order as desired
Thanks for trying. I knew why the Alpha-sort fails just not how to fix it.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:58 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks for trying. I knew why the Alpha-sort fails just not how to fix it.
I need to get a handle on this.
I am working on a huge series.
Rather than make Multiple series, one for each Sub Series
I chose to make the Integer the Sub-series and the 2 digit after the decimal, the volume.
12.34-title-name is my goal

I am still trying to come up with a plan for mixing Omnibus editions (2 or 3 titles of previous singles) in with the Singles.
1thru3 (omnibus)
4thru6

Ideas anyone?
Old 04-19-2010, 08:26 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
I need to get a handle on this.
I am working on a huge series.
Rather than make Multiple series, one for each Sub Series
I chose to make the Integer the Sub-series and the 2 digit after the decimal, the volume.
12.34-title-name is my goal

Ideas anyone?
Fortunately for me my need is small and I just hand edited the file names on my daughter's jetBook-lite.

I hope someone is able to help solve this for you. I know it would be a great benefit to anyone labeling the short stories that go with series by using the digits to the right of the decimal point to keep them in their proper spots.

Good Luck!
Advert
Old 04-19-2010, 10:04 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Fortunately for me my need is small and I just hand edited the file names on my daughter's jetBook-lite.

I hope someone is able to help solve this for you. I know it would be a great benefit to anyone labeling the short stories that go with series by using the digits to the right of the decimal point to keep them in their proper spots.

Good Luck!
Even if I don't get my (series #) way, Calibre is still worth 10 times my small donation .
Old 04-19-2010, 10:06 PM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Even if I don't get my (series #) way, Calibre is still worth 10 times my small donation .
Old 04-21-2010, 07:46 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'm afraid this isn't possible (the reason is that the series index is converted into a string before it ever reaches the save template).
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote