Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-01-2010, 05:49 PM   #1
tnronin
Zealot
tnronin doesn't littertnronin doesn't littertnronin doesn't litter

Device: PRS-300
If you are going to the beach......

Picked this up on ebay.... I was skeptical, but I thought what the heck, for the price.... Fits like it was made for the PRS300. You can turn it on and off, and perform all the normal functions. I hacked it with the russification software so it is even more convenient. Heavy plastic with a double zip closure, folded and snapped in place. I have no affiliation with the seller.

Waterproof Camera Phone Pouch Case Bag Swimming beach

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PRS300 cased.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	46870  
tnronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:32 PM   #2
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
Heck I'd say one of the heavy-duty (freezer) zip-lock bags would be just as good and a lot cheaper. At least if you're not going to go into the water with your reader and just want to protect it from the occasional bit of sand.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2010, 10:34 PM   #3
tnronin
Zealot
tnronin doesn't littertnronin doesn't littertnronin doesn't litter

Device: PRS-300
I bet it would. This "plastic" on this case is about twice as thick. For the low cost of this insurance I think it is a good choice. I don't have the wherewithall to go buy another reader if the single zipper closure give up the ghost.
tnronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:54 AM   #4
SallySyrup
SallySyrup began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Cool just ordered one.
SallySyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:43 PM   #5
RachaelJ
RachaelJ began at the beginning.

Device: sony pocket
I think I may get one for reading in the bath!!
RachaelJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2010, 12:54 PM   #6
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RachaelJ View Post
I think I may get one for reading in the bath!!
I have a very similar Aquapak for my 505 and use it for reading in the bath. It's great
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:30 PM   #7
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
This looks pretty cool! I like the beach in the summertime so I might get one too!
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 03:21 PM   #8
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7
I like the M-Edge Leisure Jacket. It is not waterproof but helps protect against certain drips.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote