Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-26-2009, 07:30 PM   #1
Squirsier
Addict
Squirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Sony: PRS-300, PRS-350. Kobo: Aura v2, Clara HD, Libra 2
Another eBook Library problem...

Hello I have a fun, very fun problem to deal with...

I did my bi-yearly Windows XP format yesterday. I re-installed the Sony eBook Library software, imported all my books back and recreated my collections. When I synced... Everything got doubled on the eReader. The books, the collections. When I tried to delete the "extra" collections (or afterwards, any collection or book for that matter), I got a message saying that those were synced to the library and couldn't be removed. So I un-Synced the eReader, all the extra books/collections disappeared, good! I synced again.. same problem.

I decided to delete everything from my library, books and collection, sync again... but my eReader would still show what was originally on it. Okay, I figured, since my books and collections are all gone from the library, I can delete them from my eReader, right? Well, nope. Even tho my library is completely empty, I cannot remove anything from my eReader because "it is synced" to the library.

I'm guessing right now my only solution is to do a reset of my 300 but I'd like to know if there's something I missed doing before going to that option.

Anyone experienced something similar?
Squirsier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 09:01 PM   #2
Squirsier
Addict
Squirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Okay, I think I figured out what happened...

When I did my format, I forgot to de-authorize my PC. I re-authorized it, but the eReader must still somehow be linked with the first authorization...?
Advert
Old 11-26-2009, 10:16 PM   #3
Squirsier
Addict

Okay, I just came off Sony's Chat Support. They removed the extra computer authorization but it didn't fix my problem, so we ended up formatting my eReader and syncing everything back.

It works, but I would have liked to know the why behind the problem tho. However, support was very helpful and fast in answering