Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-27-2009, 06:28 PM   #16
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
What's the difference between a squirrel and an otter? The squirrel has good taste in music!
hm. maybe squirrels are ebil evil after all.

i didn't have a post office handy so i thought i would put these here. i felt they should be preserved for posterity, and so y'all can never deny your misspent youths.

Click image for larger version

Name:	abba03.png
Views:	218
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	35029 Click image for larger version

Name:	abba02.png
Views:	235
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	35028

Click image for larger version

Name:	abba01.png
Views:	234
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	35027 Click image for larger version

Name:	abba04.png
Views:	239
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	35030
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 06:30 PM   #17
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Does Abba-Zaba count?

Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 06:51 PM   #18
Kostas
Still wondering why
Kostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-books

Device: PRS 505, (BlackBerry Bold ?)
Zelda and her friends singing "honey, honey" and trying to decide on new ABBAtar.
She holds in her hands a brand new PRS 600 disguised as a diary.

Kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 06:59 PM   #19
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
Does Abba-Zaba count?

yeah baby !!! THAT is good music !! thank you, barcey !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostas View Post
Zelda and her friends singing "honey, honey" and trying to decide on new ABBAtar.
She holds in her hands a brand new PRS 600 disguised as a diary.
kostas, i just don't even know what to say here. i'm just shaking my head in consternation.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:02 AM   #20
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Oh dear... what have I unleashed?

I never imagined quoting a few ABBA-lyrics would spark this kind of response. It's fricking amazing.... Have I discovered the key to world-domination? ABBA lyrics?
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:19 AM   #21
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Oh dear... what have I unleashed?

I never imagined quoting a few ABBA-lyrics would spark this kind of response. It's fricking amazing.... Have I discovered the key to world-domination? ABBA lyrics?
I think you have found the key! I do, I do, I do, I do, I do

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:28 AM   #22
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
I think you have found the key! I do, I do, I do, I do, I do

WDE.
(lord save us all !)
Old 08-29-2009, 03:10 PM   #23
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Dateline August 29, 2009: MobileReadNews Newsflash!

Latest reports of the Ab-bA virus are very disturbing. The virus still seems to be localized in the lounge at MobileRead and hopefully can be contained therein.

Ms. Pinwheel, an expert on Ab-bA epiyodelology, has attempted to quarantine the infected members here, in the hope that it doesn’t grow to epidemic proportions as did the recent outbreak of the psockpuppet virus.

It seems that member ravenne has escaped the containment field under the guise of a squirrel, and the virus has started to spread to the general population at MobileRead. The following members have been spotted showing the symptoms. If you see these members, tell them to report immediately back to the quaranteen area.

If you, or anyone you see, have a sudden desire to wear strange costumes or yodel, please have them report to Ms. Pinwheel for de-abbacontamination where the symptoms can be relieved by listening, at high volume, to the music of Tom Waits or anything batucadaaa or anything scratch.

More at MobileNewsNightline @ 11:00.

WDE. (WearyDreamingEpidemiologist)
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 03:14 PM   #24
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
that was wde, reporting live. thank you, wde, for that update, and for your tireless work in the field. you are a very courageous dog. i hope you're wearing your mask to protect you from infection. you're a credit to journalists everywhere, i must say, and an inspiration to us all.

and now, we return you to our regularly scheduled madness and absurdity.
Old 08-29-2009, 03:30 PM   #25
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:

*SNIP* (Youʻve all already read it!)

More at MobileNewsNightline @ 11:00.

WDE. (WearyDreamingEpidemiologist)
Oh no, oh no!! Iʻm in quarantine! So how do you de-abba-tize yourself? Cold shower? onion-garlic soup in your underwear? Steak through your nose at midnight? OH DEAR GOODNESS, HAVE YOU FOUND A CURE, clever dog?

But, eh, it feels so, chipper, and lively, and pleasant, and I just canʻt stop moving my feet and bopping to the beat... why do I suddenly feel like a dancing queen in waterloo? And I donʻt mind being quarantined here, itʻs been a little while since Iʻve been out of this room anyway...

Oh, and I donʻt yodel. Ever.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 04:07 PM   #26
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Is this the "American Health Care Thread"?
WDE, as far as I can tell from your avatar, you're NOT wearing a mask, so it's just a matter of time, you know
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 04:42 PM   #27
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Wooooooops!! And this virus IS fast......

ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 04:52 PM   #28
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

I was working on one of my own, but you've seen my skills before. And I discovered you can't upload to a post? or at least I didn't see how. Yours is *sooooo* much better anyway! You truly are the master!
Old 08-29-2009, 04:55 PM   #29
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:

ravenne, you are truly the abbatar goddess !!! i'm so glad i wasn't drinking anything when i saw that !!!
Old 08-29-2009, 06:06 PM   #30
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!

ok, so I am sharing my lame one anyway (by request). I apologize ahead of time. you wouldn't believe how long it took me to try to make the heart JUSt the heart without the white background, but I couldn't do it!~! I tried forever. Paint is not as fancy as I'd like, but I can't even use it!

Tags
abba, avatar, zelda