Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-04-2012, 07:09 PM   #286
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
v1.3.0 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Add a "Encode HTML in UTF-8" option strip charset meta tags and re-encode in UTF-8 for books that do not display correctly in calibre viewer
  • Change the UI appearance to look more balanced.

The main change for this release is this new option to prevent another common circumstance requiring an ePub->ePub conversion. A number of ePubs have the HTML delcared with the incorrect encoding in their <meta> tags. You can see the effect of this by characters like  appearing when viewed with the calibre ebook viewer, and/or â appearing instead of quotes etc. These epubs will render correctly in ADE, but not most other places. This new option will strip any existing meta tags, and put a UTF-8 xml declaration at the top of each file, which almost always will be sufficient to resolve the issue for both viewing in calibre/web browsers and/or editing with Sigil.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:15 PM   #287
Man Eating Duck
Addict
Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
<restless kiwidude keeps on improving stuff>
You've earned a rest after the Sigil 0.6 release. Don't overdo it
Man Eating Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2012, 10:38 PM   #288
GeneS
eBook Enthusiast
GeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-350, Astak PocketPro, iPhone, Asus eee Pad Transformer
Just added 1.3.0. The utf-8 update checkbox now appears, however calibre still shows "1 updated plugins" link at bottom of screen - even following a restart. Clicking on the link brings up the plugin add screen again.
GeneS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:50 PM   #289
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I have installed the new version via

Update,
Preferences Uninstall, restart, Preferences Install
Preferences Uninstall, download from top of this thread, Load Plugin from File

But the 1 updated plugins message persists

This list of installed plug-ins says I have 1.2.11 installed - see attachment

When I look at changelog.txt in the zip I downloaded, I see

Code:
Version 1.3.0 - 04 Nov 2012
Add a "Encode HTML in UTF-8" option strip charset meta tags and re-encode in UTF-8 for books that do not display correctly in calibre viewer
Change the UI appearance to look more balanced.

Version 1.2.10 - 31 Aug 2012
Rewrite the playOrder to make sure it is an incremental sequence after actions that delete from the TOC.
Change indenting from mucking up self-closing tags in NCX.
And I think the dialogue is different - curvy group boxes looking a bit - iPhoney

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	276
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	95465  
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:50 PM   #290
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneS View Post
Just added 1.3.0. The utf-8 update checkbox now appears, however calibre still shows "1 updated plugins" link at bottom of screen - even following a restart. Clicking on the link brings up the plugin add screen again.
It appears the plugin is numbered 1.2.11 instead of 1.3 so the update message will show until Kiwidude corrects the minor naming issue. It still should work fine.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2012, 11:09 PM   #291
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
It appears the plugin is numbered 1.2.11 instead of 1.3 so the update message will show until Kiwidude corrects the minor naming issue. It still should work fine.
Unzip and Just hack the version number in init_.py
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:28 PM   #292
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Unzip and Just hack the version number in init_.py
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:00 AM   #293
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have fixed the zip in the first post, sorry for the confusion.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:55 PM   #294
carl-g
carl-g began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Hello there, just a quick question.
I got the update to the modify epub plugin today and now when I add a book, convert and then modify, it says that nothing was modified? and then when I do a quality check, today's added books come up as still having non dc metadata etc which the modify epub plugin previously took care of for me.
Thank you if you are able to advise me about this and I appreciate all the hard work that goes into calibre and it's plugins. I've never had the modify epub plugin fail to work for me before today's update
carl-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:50 PM   #295
kiwidude

@carl-g - welcome to MobileRead.

You haven't given me an awful lot to go on in terms of telling me what options you have checked that you expected it to change the ePub. There should be absolutely no difference in behaviour of the existing options between this version and the previous version - it is just a new option that was added. And remove non dc metadata will continue to conflict with if you have "Update metadata" tciked in this plugin, because there is still an ordering issue. It is something I had forgotten to take a look at after Man Eating Duck mentioned it a month or so ago.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:29 PM   #296
carl-g

Hi kiwidude, thanks for the reply and the welcome. Here goes with better details.

(I do not have the Update metadata ticked.)

Under Known Artifacts- all boxes are ticked.
Under Manifest- I have just the dc metadata ticked.
Under Adobe I have all boxes ticked.
Under Metadata Jackets I have remove all metadata jackets and remove legacy jackets ticked.
Under HTML Styles I have remove embedded fonts, smarten punctuation and remove inline javascript files ticked.
Under Metadata and Covers I have Remove broken image pages ticked.

That is the Modify epub setup that I have been using and when I convert and modify this has always resulted in a successful modification message.
Now it says No books where modified.
I ran the quality check for the non dc metadata as a test and prior to today all non dc metadata was successfully removed, now I get the no books modified message after running the plugin and when I run the quality test the files have indeed not been modified.

I hope this more detailed information will help.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:42 PM   #297
carl-g

kiwidude, it now seems to be working maybe after it restarted. I'm really embarrassed right now. It just must have needed a restart. Ground swallow me up !
Old 11-05-2012, 02:48 PM   #298
kiwidude

Thanks for the details. However those options all work fine for me. Modify ePub will say no changes if it detects there is no changes to be made. Perhaps you have a duplicate in your library or something. If you still have issues PM me a link to your ePub, but I don't see any issues at the moment.

EDIT: Just saw your response - glad to hear it is now working for you. And yeah calibre always needs restarting after updating a plugin.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:26 PM   #299
kiwidude

v1.3.1 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Ensure than the "Remove non dc: metadata" option will always run after "Update metadata" if both are selected.
  • Reorganise some of the layout and groups.

I forgot to make the remove non dc: thing run last like was requested a while ago, so now you don't have to do a second pass if you want that option on at the same time as the "Update metadata" one.

I also fiddled with a little bit of the dialog layout/grouping again, so apologies for those of you who have memorised a particular spot to click on for those "one off" enabling/disabling of options but I think it makes a little more sense now for the longer term.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_1_Options.png
Views:	265
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	95595  
Old 11-07-2012, 08:14 PM   #300
Hoods7070
Groupie
Hoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notes

Device: Nexus 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl-g View Post
kiwidude, it now seems to be working maybe after it restarted. I'm really embarrassed right now. It just must have needed a restart. Ground swallow me up !
Phew - glad I read your post before adding my 2c or I'd be underground with you. I KNOW to restart Calibre ... but I didn't, did I
Hoods7070 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modify epub