Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-15-2011, 03:28 PM   #121
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
thanks Jcobb, and welcome to the forum - I updated the top message with your card.

As for this thread, in the beginning it was a very selfish way for me to know where to go looking for info - but I do get a warm glow from people finding this useful (since, as a non techie, donkey work is all I can contribute to this forum ).
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:47 PM   #122
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

wow, we are now sticky, thanks!
so two more updates, bogomil's note taking and osowiecki's offline webbrowser
Advert
Old 11-05-2011, 06:24 PM   #123
EKetabi
EKetabi began at the beginning.

Device: none
Pro 612

Could you mention if the PocketBook has a Peral display?!
How much Pro 612 and if any link sell the device!!

Thank you,,
EKetabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 07:13 PM   #124
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Hi,
unfortunately no Pearl.
Where are you from to post a link suitable for you? In Germany you get it here
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:20 AM   #125
Hekse-Mie
Boekenwurm
Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 623, 903 & 603, 360+, Sony 600, Irex Iliad
Smile

These memorycards work for both Pb 603 & Pb 903

TDK MicroSD Trans Flash Memory Card Class 2
SanDisk MicroSDHC 4 GB Mobile Ultra Class 4
SanDisk MicroSDHC 16 GB Mobile Ultra Class 4

There is no need to format them or to put any content on them.

Last edited by Hekse-Mie; 11-10-2011 at 06:22 AM.
Hekse-Mie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2011, 03:49 AM   #126
paola
Wizard

Thanks Hekse-Mie, I've updated the first message
Old 11-19-2011, 05:02 AM   #127
paola
Wizard

first message updated with neurocyp utility to reflow text in txt files.
Old 11-25-2011, 10:56 AM   #128
yuryfdr
Connoisseur
yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.

Device: pocketbook 301, pocketbook 603
I've wrote a simle text editor for Pocketbook see details at:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=158571
yuryfdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:21 AM   #129
paola
Wizard

thanks Yury, this really looks great, I've just updated the top message.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:01 AM   #130
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
Maybe we can get graynm to compile a version of the FBReader 180 using the new SDK ?
Last time I tried running it I noticed the display wasn't as good as the default fbreader, and there aren't any newer versions.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:55 AM   #131
paola
Wizard

I'd love that - perhaps one could make a request here?
http://code.google.com/p/fbreader-pockebook/
However, I see he's not been to active since February.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:25 PM   #132
Snuffi
Addict
Snuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enough

Device: Pocketbook Pro 612, Bookeen Cybook Gen3
Hi Paola!

Got my new 612 this week and though I didn't have time yet to even start reading a book, I couldn't keep from fiddling around with it ;-)

Have current FW 2.1.2 RC6 and can report the following:

RSS: tried one or two of the scripts from the German forum. progressb doesn't seem to work, I couldn't figure out why yet. Commented out that line and the RSS feed was downloaded and readable. So basically works, just have to be patient when starting the script as there's only a blank screen while it's working.

Pi: could start, open a file and save. Haven't done much but everything seems to work fine.

zwadrax: starts but I get the error message "there are no more non-passed levels in this level set". There is a menu but I can't select a different level set (just <root> available) and everyerthing else I do is answered with the same error

anything else you want me to test on the 612? :-)
Snuffi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:13 AM   #133
Dulas
Dulas began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 902
edit, i opened a dedicated thread

Last edited by Dulas; 12-09-2011 at 04:39 AM.
Dulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:51 AM   #134
paola
Wizard

@snuffi - thanks for this, I am afraid all I can do is report bugs etc in the top file, but I am not sure whether somebody from Pocketbook will ever read it - but at least we users will know whether something is a known bug. In the Ukranian forum however the testing seems to be going very strong, so hopefully they will pick it up there - I will wait for the final release to put the bugs in the first message in this thread, in case they disappear from the final release. Thanks!

By the way, where did you buy the 612?
Old 12-11-2011, 02:18 PM   #135
Snuffi
Addict
Snuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enough

Device: Pocketbook Pro 612, Bookeen Cybook Gen3
@paola i just reported so people would know that not everything which works on 602 models will work on 612. These are user-written apps, though, so that's expected to a degree and not a bug of the app or the device in the strict sense.
Progressb.app does work,btw, if I use the full path but it doesn't close when finished. Has to be closed manually via "taskmanager". Apart from that it works nicely.
Have been using Pi-Editor to edit the above script right on the device and it works like a charm, especially with the stylus.
Had the 612 sent from ereader-store.de because it was the only place where they had it "in stock" rather than "coming soon"
Btw' tried to read an epub made with calibre and it opened in adobe reader. Layout was awful and changing the font size didn't work -at least not with the keys. I could change size with the stylus but it always went from very large to unreadablee and back. Worked fine in fbreader. Is that normal?
Snuffi is offline   Reply With Quote