Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 01-26-2014, 07:10 AM   #1
fruitlesseffort
fruitlesseffort began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
fixed layout mobi to epub

Hello

I created, from scratch, a childrens ebook for a friend. I am now looking for the quickest and easiest way to convert it to a fixed layout epub.

As this is my first ebook I created the .opf, .css and other files myself. It was also created specifically for Kindle so it contains .mobi exclusive stuff (region magnification). Is it just a case of removing all of that from the .opf and the html files? If so can someone point me at a good sample .opf for this format.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
fruitlesseffort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:28 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlesseffort View Post
As this is my first ebook I created the .opf, .css and other files myself. It was also created specifically for Kindle so it contains .mobi exclusive stuff (region magnification). Is it just a case of removing all of that from the .opf and the html files?
Unfortunately, you'll have to design most of it from scratch, and since ePub2 only has very limited fixed layout support, you'll have to create an ePub3 book. (You'll find some fixed layout sample ePub3 books here.)

If you don't have an iPad or another iDevice, you also may want to install Readium.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2014, 04:24 PM   #3
fruitlesseffort
fruitlesseffort began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Gah! I figured that would be the case. Its never easy. Thanks for the links anyway!
fruitlesseffort is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion to epub, fixed layout epubs, mobi