Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-21-2012, 04:50 PM   #1
MikeCL
Zealot
MikeCL began at the beginning.

Device: KKB-3G
Question Kindle keyboard issue

I have the special offers one and since like christmas I really haven't seen any good deals so I turned off wireless but I happen to just pick it up and I noticed it turned back on?

how can I make sure it stays off?
MikeCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:03 PM   #2
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
I've not had any issues with the wireless turning itself on. It'll prompt me to turn it on when I've not had it on every now and again, but it's not turned itself on at all.

Maybe when you pull it out of sleep mode, you're holding the button in the middle of the directional square? That'll turn it on from sleep mode.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2012, 10:09 PM   #3
MikeCL
Zealot

nope I turn it on just sliding the switch and that's when I seen the battery level was half way (it was full when I turned it off) and I saw it said Wifi connected..
Old 02-22-2012, 09:53 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I've never heard of WiFi ever turning itself on, Mike. I strongly suspect that you did so accidentally. It's the first and default action on the menu, so it's pretty easy to do it accidentally if you hit the "Menu" button by mistake.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:54 PM   #5
MikeCL
Zealot

so just pressing menu when the kindle is on turns on wifi?

I don't get it?

I turn it off by pressing menu and highlighting turn wireless off.. I press home and I turn off kindle..

few days later I slide the power switch on and see now I'm down half battery and wifi is on..

Is this some type of special offers thing? I think it might be the ads trying download I'm going to have it forget my Wifi and see what happens next.
Advert
Old 02-22-2012, 05:05 PM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCL View Post
so just pressing menu when the kindle is on turns on wifi?
No, but pressing "Menu" then "Enter" does, because "Turn on Wireless" is the first item on the menu, and is highlighted by default.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:17 PM   #7
MikeCL
Zealot

I don't hit enter right after going to menu I just hit menu and scroll down to special offers if I normally do go to the menus.

I doubt it will happen again if I take my AP off the wifi list however.. if it comes back on on it's own I'm going to contact Amazon.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:25 PM   #8
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Can you please clarify: Is this a one time occurrence, or has it happened several times?

Have you tried restarting the Kindle?
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote