Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-29-2011, 10:28 AM   #1
HughA
HughA began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Good UK Price

Many of us in the UK have been disappointed that SONY haven't reduced their UK price to follow the USA. Some good news for those who live near St Albans is that HiSpek have the PRS-T1 in their sale at £99. Only available in store and while stocks last. I picked one up yesterday and am delighted with it so far.
HughA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:47 AM   #2
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
Also Sonys site has then for £129 in the UK now as I found out yesterday (bought mine before Christmas for £120 on Amazon)
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2012, 03:19 PM   #3
demusss
demusss began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-t1
Even better than Sony site is at http://www.bookdepository.co.uk for £107.50 delivered.

Ordered mine on the 22nd of Dec and got it the following week.
demusss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:45 AM   #4
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by demusss View Post
Even better than Sony site is at http://www.bookdepository.co.uk for £107.50 delivered.

Now that's a good price. I was limited by amazon gift vouchers myself though on the other hand I ordered the same time as you and amazingly it arrived before Christmas!
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:55 AM   #5
Ekaros
Illiterate newbie
Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demusss View Post

I'm returning my other one and ordering from here... Atleast if I get it to Finland too...

http://www.bookdepository.com/SONY-T.../9781781031216

Even cheaper?

Last edited by Ekaros; 01-06-2012 at 01:36 AM.
Ekaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2012, 04:17 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekaros View Post
I'm returning my other one and ordering from here... Atleast if I get it to Finland too...

Even cheaper?
If the shipping is not too much, then you can get a T1 from B&H shipped to you for less.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search...613+4291215468

You can also order a cover at the same time. I suggest the light cover.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search...tialSearch=yes

B&H has been in business a long time and is very reliable.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:38 AM   #7
Ekaros
Illiterate newbie
Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If the shipping is not too much, then you can get a T1 from B&H shipped to you for less.

You can also order a cover at the same time. I suggest the light cover.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search...tialSearch=yes

Looks like shipping is good 40-50 dollars for those. I'm kind of against paying half or cost of item in shipping costs...
Old 01-07-2012, 03:39 AM   #8
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post

Not sure how you come to that conclusion.

T1 124.99
NY Tax @ 8% (?) 10.00
Shipping 40.00
--------
UK VAT on $174.99 35.00
Any duty to be paid ?
-------
$209.99
Exchange rate on credit card will probably be around $1.50/£1

So total will be approx £139.99, and that's assuming there is no duty imposed.
Therefore it's still cheaper to buy here in the UK.

You only really save on buying stuff from the US when you can collect it yourself. The shipping and duty/VAT on import usually negate any savings you might make. And the mistake that most people make is that the US price does not include tax whereas the UK one does.
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:36 PM   #9
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekaros View Post

Did you order it? The black one appears to be out of stock now, but the red and white are still available for £107.50 (includes free delivery to Finland too).
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:34 PM   #10
Ekaros
Illiterate newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
Did you order it? The black one appears to be out of stock now, but the red and white are still available for £107.50 (includes free delivery to Finland too).
Yes, shipped at least by the site. Not sure where they ship from, might have to pay VAT, but it's still cheapest I found at the moment...

Wanted black for most contrast so it would look best, at least I suppose it would work so ;D

Will report when it arrives.