Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-27-2009, 01:32 PM   #1
edge71
Enthusiast
edge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Inkpad3
Firmware PB301+ in Cybook Gen 3

Is possible update yhe Cybook Gen 3 with the firmware of PocketBook 301+.

Thanks
edge71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 01:42 PM   #2
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Device: Pocketbook Touch (622)
Quote:
Originally Posted by edge71 View Post
Is possible update yhe Cybook Gen 3 with the firmware of PocketBook 301+.

Thanks
NO,it´s not possible.
Forkosigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 01:45 PM   #3
edge71
Enthusiast
edge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Inkpad3
that's a pity

Thanks
edge71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:59 PM   #4
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
I have read somewhere that in PocketBook headquarters they can do that. It is just impossible (or perhaps undesirable from point of view of PocketBook company) for end user to do the firmware update.

Could you please, Anatoli, ask your Ukrainian partners if they could do something?
I am pretty sure some Cybook owners would be willing to pay for official PocketBook 301 firmware, even if it meant replacing the chip with firmware or whatever.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 03:10 PM   #5
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
I have read somewhere that in PocketBook headquarters they can do that. It is just impossible (or perhaps undesirable from point of view of PocketBook company) for end user to do the firmware update.

Could you please, Anatoli, ask your Ukrainian partners if they could do something?
I am pretty sure some Cybook owners would be willing to pay for official PocketBook 301 firmware, even if it meant replacing the chip with firmware or whatever.

As far as I know, installing Pocketbook Firmware on CyBook technically impossible, until you made a special boot program changes the basic settings for the device, while a replacement of the chip. Pocketbook programmers write a program for Orsio, one of the clones Netronix, for CyBook this yet, and do not know yet, or German law setting a Firmware allowed. If the laws do not prohibit, and programmers will write such a program, it is quite possible that in the German or American service center can be installed on the Pocketbook Firmware CyBook.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:13 PM   #6
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
I'm not very much in the legality of the matter, but I will ask my Ukrainian guys, if they would agree to sell their firmware separately from the PBs, for Cybooks. From what I know and heard and feel about them, they would rather die virgins than let anybody else use their soft...
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 07:39 PM   #7
Forkosigan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-PocketBooker View Post
I'm not very much in the legality of the matter, but I will ask my Ukrainian guys, if they would agree to sell their firmware separately from the PBs, for Cybooks. From what I know and heard and feel about them, they would rather die virgins than let anybody else use their soft...
As I already wrote, Firmware from Pocketbook be in the service center Pocketbook set to Orsio. In so far as I know, it costs $ 50. That is a man who wants to enjoy a good Firmware from Pocketbook, and ready to pay for it, may establish Firmware from Pocketbook on Orsio. In other models of Firmware Pocketbook not yet placed, will be placed in the future, I can not skate, but I can ask.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:17 AM   #8
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
From what I know and heard and feel about them, they would rather die virgins than let anybody else use their soft...
I can understand that.
Quite a few OEM ... aehm ... "manufacturers" use virtually the same Netronix hardware.
What places PocketBook ahead of the competition in my eyes (and in the eyes of quite a few people, I am pretty sure) is their software.

I could go today to a brick and mortar store here in my town and purchase a very good 5" e-ink reader over the counter for a very reasonable price. They even include good quality accessories for that price. Like charger, sturdy leather cover, ...
Yet, I am eagerly waiting for PocketBook 360. This is because PocketBook actually listened to their prospective customers at www.the-ebook.ru. They have implemented lots of exciting little details in their software and in their custom HW modification of otherwise unremarkable Netronix device.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:57 AM   #9
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
This is not custom hardware, but "standard" netronix case and hardware for 5 inch device
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:17 AM   #10
Forkosigan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
This is not custom hardware, but "standard" netronix case and hardware for 5 inch device

Not quite, hardware Pocketbook 360 ° is slightly different, as was done by separate order. Pocketbook 301 + is almost identical to other clones, but the basic software on-chip memory, and the chip itself may differ.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:24 AM   #11
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Slight different? By what?

And same question about the 301+?

301+ IS Netronix EB600 (and 301 is Netronix EB100)
360 IS Netronix EB500 (netronix have internaly only two version of the 5 inch device, one for Bookeen, and the other one, used at least by pocketbook. I had access a few weeks ago to the netronix firmware sources.)
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 12:33 PM   #12
Forkosigan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
Slight different? By what?

And same question about the 301+?

301+ IS Netronix EB600 (and 301 is Netronix EB100)
360 IS Netronix EB500 (netronix have internaly only two version of the 5 inch device, one for Bookeen, and the other one, used at least by pocketbook. I had access a few weeks ago to the netronix firmware sources.)
I meant that the equipment layout of the board of 360 was made not by the standard model netronix, like Opus, but has been modified specifically for the pocketbook, as well as case design pocketbook 360 ° exclusively belongs pocketbook. In the pocketbook 301 + different from standarntnoy model there is little, only in the memory chip, buyout specifically in two phases recorded on pocketbook Software
Old 10-28-2009, 09:44 PM   #13
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:

OMG...that might be the funniest thing ever posted on MR...mostly because it's probably true!
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote