Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 07-21-2012, 12:36 AM   #1
CarlosL
CarlosL began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Conversion result from ePub to KF8 different than MOBI

Hello!

I'm having trouble achieving the same result with exporting ePub to Amazon (Kindle Touch) formats (MOBI and KF8) using Calibre. If I export to MOBI, the result is something very similar to Amazon's own style for eBook, but if I use KF8 at least line height is not the same as with MOBI.

MOBI version (good):

KF8 version (bad):
(Screenshots from Kindle Previewer in Kindle Touch Mode)

I tried with line height settings with no luck.

Any suggestion will be appreciated!
CarlosL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:38 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The Kindle Touch overrides line height. You cannot control it in KF8. The line height that the user will see depends on the line height setting they have on their Touch.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:45 AM   #3
CarlosL

Thanks for your answer!

That's really bad, even selecting the lowest setting for line height in Kindle Touch leaves too much space! Is there any known workaround for this?
Old 07-21-2012, 10:46 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Not that I know of.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:03 AM   #5
CarlosL

Thanks again!

Uh, no native support for EPUB and KF8 with issues, it really sucks!

Seems I'll have to use MOBI then, at least until Amazon releases a fix for this, since Kindle Fire doesn't seem to have this problem.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:08 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What I don't get is this... Amazon released firmware 5.1 with this line height bug and they didn't bother to fix it and went ahead and did it again for firmware 4.1. That's just not good planning.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote