Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 07-02-2010, 06:30 PM   #76
capidamonte
Not who you think I am...
capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: PocketBook 360 -- Ivory
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
Holy crap yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.
You're welcome.

Quote:
You're my new hero.
It's the mask. (No cape, though.)

Quote:
How did you manage?
Not too difficult. Cut each half from the original picture (BTW, they're not the same size...) and pasted as two new layers each.

The old image became the background -- I filled the cut-out space with black, to mask the mismatched size of the image-halves after I put them back together.

One layer of each half I reversed the image. Then I placed a face over a helmet, and a helmet over a face.

I lowered the opacity to around 20% for each top layer (face or helmet, depending).

Then I made a new layer from visible (so that it had everything merged) and I selected the dividing line plus a pixel or two on each side of it and used the Blur filter to soften the joining.

Then I copied that layer and saved as an image and uploaded it to MR.

All in The Gimp.
capidamonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:17 PM   #77
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Cap, you made an author really happy. He likes it the best out of all the other ideas tossed around. He's going to play in Fireworks and try to darken the eyes a little bit.
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2010, 02:34 AM   #78
capidamonte
capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
Cap, you made an author really happy. He likes it the best out of all the other ideas tossed around. He's going to play in Fireworks and try to darken the eyes a little bit.
Of course he likes it, it was his idea!

"Darken the eyes" ? The iris color, or the whole eyeball or the eyelids? You looking for the completely-black-eyes-demon-overlord sort-of-thing? That might make the transparent eyes disappear into the helmet.

What's Fireworks?
Old 07-03-2010, 09:21 PM   #79
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Yeah..I think he wanted Captain Cliche to destroy the world
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 11:01 PM   #80
capidamonte

So the guy in the helmet has a name...

I would have gone with Centurion Clichéus Maximus.
Advert