Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-03-2011, 06:25 PM   #1
pickwick
pickwick began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi (w/ special offers)
3.2.1 firmware update for Kindle with Special Offers

::delurks::

Has anyone else received the 3.2.1 firmware update on the Kindle w/ Special Offers?

I just caught my 4 day old Kindle updating itself. So far I haven't been able to figure out what has changed.
pickwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:20 AM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Did your screensaver ads change?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2011, 10:06 AM   #3
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Maybe someone got the screensaver hack to work. Amazon would be quick to disable it on that type of Kindle.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:50 AM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
3.2 to 3.2.1? I doubt if it's anything anyone will be able to notice. Maintenance/bug fix more than likely. Certainly no feature changes.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:18 PM   #5
pickwick
pickwick began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi (w/ special offers)
No, poohbear, my screensaver ads are still the same.
pickwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2011, 02:02 PM   #6
emathieu
emathieu began at the beginning.

Device: K3 w/Special Offers, iPad, iPhone 4, K1
I checked mine and it's up to 3.2.1 as well. All offers are the same.
emathieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:10 PM   #7
smegs
smegs began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Just bought my Mother In Law a Kindle 3 for Mother's Day. It's a regular one (no ads) and it updated today to 3.2.1. Mine is still at 3.1. I'm jealous.
smegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:47 PM   #8
SunLight
Connoisseur
SunLight began at the beginning.

Device: none
For those that have 3.2.1, can you go to Settings and post the exact Version Number (at the bottom of the Settings Screen), it should say:

Version: Kindle 3.2.1 ("")

If you could be so kind and post it, I am looking for the info. Do not worry, it is not unique to your Kindle. Thanks!

Last edited by SunLight; 05-10-2011 at 11:52 PM.
SunLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:29 AM   #9
Lanoitarus
Lanoitarus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3 SO
KSO v3.2.1 build 576290015

Cheers

Edit: Ads *did* change at the same time. Could be a coincidence.
Lanoitarus is offline   Reply With Quote