Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-10-2013, 10:50 PM   #4396
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Ahh I see. What browser are you using?

If Firefox try Chrome and vice versa.

However, I would def try IE9 because still being the old site it's more reliable.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 11:27 PM   #4397
Chapter One
Screen Swiper
Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STwG, Nook HD+, Kindle Voyage.
I usually use FF, but I just tried accessing my library via Chrome and IE and get the same error message, so its definitely my account, not a browser issue. My daughter is away and has the Kobo with her so I cant check it, but I suspect I'd have problems with it too. I appear to have been locked out of accessing all my books.
Chapter One is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2013, 12:11 AM   #4398
sharphamster
Anathema Device
sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T3/350, Kobo AuraH20/Mini, Axim X50v
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelioncottage View Post
Has anyone else had the problem of being able to buy a book (using a coupon) and having it shown as Purchased in the Library, but not being able to download it? There is no blue download button for the book, even though yesterday I bought books with no problem.

I'm on a Mac, OS 106.8, Safari 5.1.10 (I also tried Firefox, with no luck).

Thanks!
Had that happen twice - went to Chat and they gave credited my account right away. The two titles did not download to the Desktop app either - I synced it while I was talking to the Rep. Both had the Reader and Desktop icons on the book pages, and the ISBNs Googled as Adobe epubs at other stores.

Weird, but it all worked out.
sharphamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:27 AM   #4399
llcj
Addict
llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
FWIW, in the Kobo desktop app, a book cover with a pink triangle and stars indicated that it is a downloaded preview.
llcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:08 AM   #4400
IcecreamLtDan
Groupie
IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite, Kobo wireless, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapter One View Post
When ever I buy a book from Kobo I always download the acsm my desktop and open in ADE, then add it into Calibre.
Today for the the first time in a very long time I opened my Kobo Desktop app and it synced a whole heap of books. I noticed several had a pink triangle with stars across the corner of the books cover and so I clicked on one to see what it meant. A box popped up prompting me to either buy the book or I could start reading the preview now. What? I have already bought the books. When I go onto the Kobo website and look in my library there, it shows I have purchased the books.
Whats up with that? How come the website shows I bought the books, I was able to download the full books through ADE but the desktop shows I only have a preview sample?
Does anyone know why this has happened?

HHmmm... something weird is going on. Now I cant open a single book through the app, every one says "Content Locked, We are unable to display the selected content. It may be locked or corrupt."

I had this happen as well after doing the same as you, come to find out that when the Adobe password hack scandal occurred and I changed my Adobe ADE password, it started doing it. I discovered that what I had to do was re-authorize my Kobo with adobe ADE.

Here's what I did. Open ADE on your pc, connect the Kobo to the pc.
Then press Ctrl,Shift, E. You should get a box asking of you want to deauthorize, select yes. I then made sure that I had the latest version of the Kobo Desktop App. Then unplug your Kobo from the computer, and plug it in again. Now you should get a box saying that a new device has been detected and you can authorize it. Once I did that I resynched the desktop app and all the books that I couldn't open before worked fine.
IcecreamLtDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2013, 01:07 PM   #4401
Chapter One
Screen Swiper
Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STwG, Nook HD+, Kindle Voyage.
I got a reply from Kobo. First they asked me to confirm my residential address and asked if I had purchased books while traveling overseas recently. Then a few hours later I received another email saying I should now be able to access my purchased books again (I can), and a link to Kobo's T&C that I was to familiarise myself with. And thats it. No explanation as to why everything had been locked or what was going on. Weird. I'm not sure what to make of it all.
Chapter One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:08 PM   #4402
zelda.owns.link
Evangelist
zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
I just received 2 email receipts from the beginning of November, it looks like they are starting to process my orders under the new checkout.
zelda.owns.link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:14 PM   #4403
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda.owns.link View Post
I just received 2 email receipts from the beginning of November, it looks like they are starting to process my orders under the new checkout.
I got one too at least I know they can't double charge my card.

I had that happen a few years back. They didn't send a receipt and then a month later the receipt showed up and a email telling me they charged my card and here's a 20% off your next book for the inconvenience.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:17 PM   #4404
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I got a few too. But they were random (not the first books I bought sans receipt, nor the most recent ).
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:34 PM   #4405
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
I got a few too. But they were random (not the first books I bought sans receipt, nor the most recent ).
Same here. 4 out of 20.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:06 PM   #4406
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Same.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:08 PM   #4407
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Same.
Mine are Nov 2 and Nov 4 but I am pretty sure those dates are wrong for the books listed.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:25 PM   #4408
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Well, with all the drama surrounding my one credit card last week with Kobo I didn't think much of it when I got a call today saying that my card had been frozen again. To be honest it ticked me off, but I didn’t think they hadn’t cut me off again. But after putting in my card number (again didn't think odd as when I call the info line it requires that) they asked for the expiration date which I did find strange. So I hung up and called my bank directly. Finally got through and sure enough the other call was a scam. So to be safe I've cancelled that card. Hopefully the Chapters Indigo gift card I got will last until my new card comes. There are some new releases I want tomorrow.

Just another reminder to be super cautious with your card details. The scammers are out there and not just online.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:31 PM   #4409
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Well, with all the drama surrounding my one credit card last week with Kobo I didn't think much of it when I got a call today saying that my card had been frozen again. To be honest it ticked me off, but I didn’t think they hadn’t cut me off again. But after putting in my card number (again didn't think odd as when I call the info line it requires that) they asked for the expiration date which I did find strange. So I hung up and called my bank directly. Finally got through and sure enough the other call was a scam. So to be safe I've cancelled that card. Hopefully the Chapters Indigo gift card I got will last until my new card comes. There are some new releases I want tomorrow.

Just another reminder to be super cautious with your card details. The scammers are out there and not just online.
Yeah it can happen to anyone so be super careful I never do over the phone unless I do a direct call to my card's issuer even bill companies I tell them I will pay them online. It's just takes once dishonest person working for any company. At least with online everything is secured and encrypted and no live person sees it unless the site gets hack. No true safe way out there just safer ways.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:05 PM   #4410
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Yeah, I get calls all the time offering to lower my interest rate - yet when I ask them which card they're calling about, they don't have any of my information. That's just got "scam" written all over it.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals