Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-02-2013, 05:21 AM   #16
cpina
Enthusiast
cpina began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi Livia,

The Mendeley OAPI returns 20 documents by default but can return all of them. Previously I thought that by default was returning all the documents. Now it's fixed :-)

About folders, tags: I thought that the plugin would be used to send some documents (the ones that are being read, worked at the moment). That's the reason that I tried to keep it simple... also because my limited time to maintain the plugin.

I'm happy to read about possible workflows and how the plugin can help or what the plugin should do.
cpina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 03:52 PM   #17
Tommy Chong
Tommy Chong began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite / Galaxy Tab S 8.4"
Hello @cpina , are you still working / updating this plugin? I need a plug-in that does the reverse/inverse of what this plug-in does. But preferably if this does the 2 streams/flows is much better!

I use Caliber as my primary book management platform. (but everything I have in my Caliber also has Google Drive).

But not everything I own in Caliber I have at Mendeley (or would like to have). Often the files that go to Mendeley come from a refined search of Caliber.

My main problem, therefore, is:

I need a plug-in that sends the books (from the result of a search, for example) to Mendeley WITH THE METADATA contained in the Caliber.

If in the Caliber a certain book has X, Y and Z as tags I need as long as I transfer to Mendeley, X, Y and Z to be in the Mendeley tags field. Just like in Caliber.

Nowadays I can even "drag and drop" books from a refined search that I make in Caliber. But when the files arrive in Mendeley these files / books assume their names and fills of ORIGINAL / CRUS fields. We do not take any data that we fill in the Caliber.

How can we solve this?

Last edited by Tommy Chong; 10-24-2017 at 03:54 PM.
Tommy Chong is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2017, 04:50 PM   #18
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Use Calibre-Exported RIS File Designed for Zotero, but for Mendeley Instead

Tommy Chong:

The Mendeley plug-in that you reference does not appear to exist.

You could export an RIS File designed to be imported by Zotero via the Calibre "Zotero Metadata Importer" plug-in. I am sure that Mendeley will import an RIS File too (it is almost universal). So, you could use an RIS file exported from Calibre via ZMI, but send it to Mendeley instead of Zotero.

See the attachments below to view the flexibility that is available to map almost any Calibre metadata to the RIS file.

The ZMI plug-in homepage is: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=3339192

Obviously, the RIS file will have only metadata. You will have to attach your actual Calibre book files to Mendeley using some function other than ZMI.

Zotero is open-source and free, by the way. https://www.zotero.org/

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zmi_ris_export_tab.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	639.1 KB
ID:	159627   Click image for larger version

Name:	zmi_export_ris_custom_configured_for_zotero.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	906.5 KB
ID:	159628  
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 02:04 PM   #19
cpina
Enthusiast
cpina began at the beginning.

Hi Tommy and others,

At the moment the Mendeley Calibre plugin doesn't work - the Mendeley API changed long time ago and I haven't had time to change the plugin code.

I might do the next months but for now look for an alternative solution... if I can change it I'll post here.

Carles
cpina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 08:50 PM   #20
Tommy Chong
Tommy Chong began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite / Galaxy Tab S 8.4"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
Tommy Chong:

[...]
Obviously, the RIS file will have only metadata. You will have to attach your actual Calibre book files to Mendeley using some function other than ZMI.
[...]
What I did was simply drag and drop the books I wanted from Caliber to Mendeley. And all were sent without problems but without the metadata.

I am currently "copying and pasting" metadata from Caliber to Mendeley metadata! Document to document, manually ... 98 in total (for my end-of-course work)... Sad life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpina View Post
Hi Tommy and others,

At the moment the Mendeley Calibre plugin doesn't work - the Mendeley API changed long time ago and I haven't had time to change the plugin code.

I might do the next months but for now look for an alternative solution... if I can change it I'll post here.

Carles
Thank you so much, cpina! Waiting anxiously!
Tommy Chong is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2017, 11:12 PM   #21
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I am currently "copying and pasting" metadata from Caliber to Mendeley metadata! Document to document, manually ... 98 in total
RIS obviates the need to copy and paste. That is the whole point. It is much easier to drag and drop a Calibre ebook file on top of its new Mendeley metadata imported via an RIS file exported from Calibre than it is to copy and paste all of its Calibre metadata into said Mendeley ebook.

After 4.5 years (April 2013 until now) with no changes to the Mendeley plug-in, I find it interesting that someone would plan on using a revised version of it anytime in the near future, especially when its author clearly said to not hold one's breath waiting for it anytime soon, but rather to find an alternative instead.
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mendeley