Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-11-2008, 05:10 AM   #1
grimo1re
Geekette
grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Sony Reader PRS500, PocketBook 360
SMH has weak story on ebook readers

The Sydney Morning Herald is featuring a story on ebook readers without really saying anything new. Link here.
grimo1re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 08:42 AM   #2
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimo1re View Post
The Sydney Morning Herald is featuring a story on ebook readers without really saying anything new. Link here.
"Anything new"? Hey, they hardly say anything of substance at all!

Seriously, thanks for picking it out though, as substance sometimes can be inferred from its lacking, as an indicator for popular awareness and knowledge.

...and what on earth are you doing reading the Sydney Morning Herald from the Netherlands, grimo1re?

Cheers,
Marc (who doesn't expect a "Noosa Daily" ebook reader news item for at least a couple of years)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2008, 06:02 AM   #3
grimo1re
Geekette
grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Sony Reader PRS500, PocketBook 360
Oh mate, you're in Noosa Heads! I'm sooooo jealous. I'm a Dutch-Australian, married an Aussie, lived there for years & then acquired the Aussie nationality. Currently we're living in the Netherlands for a few years but I'm longing for beaches, friendly people and the general Aussie laid-backness. I read the SMH for my own pleasure, to keep up with what's happening over there but I also read it for work. I write for a company that produces news about and for the telecommunications industry and my 'beat' is some parts of Asia and Aussie and New Zealand. So that's how I bump in to Asian and Aussie stories
grimo1re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 09:20 AM   #4
safjazz
safjazz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505
That's considered a news story?

The reporter interviewed two customers at closing time at a Borders and added a few facts he probably found on the Web. My editor would have my head if I wrote a piece like that.

I did think this quote was interesting:
"It feels real, whereas (the reader) kind of separates you a little bit from the story," Farina said.

Several of my friends who work in publishing express the same sentiment. I'm not sure why paper is necessary to immerse oneself into a story. All I need is a good story well-told.

I'm glad the general press is running stories on e-book readers. I just wish they were better researched.
safjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 09:26 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I could have written a better article.

We got my Mother-in-law an eBook reader (PRS-500) and she does enjoy it. She's not bothered at all by the fact that she's not holding a paper book.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert