Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 05-02-2012, 03:32 PM   #16
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
What do Apple, Exxon Mobile, and GE have in common? See post # 10.
"Almost every major corporation tries to minimize its taxes, of course. "

Almost? And only major? And only companies?

Where does there exist a tax-paying entity that would NOT like to lower it's taxes?
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:43 PM   #17
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
"Almost every major corporation tries to minimize its taxes, of course. "

Almost? And only major? And only companies?

Where does there exist a tax-paying entity that would NOT like to lower it's taxes?

I can't disagree with you, everyone wants their taxes to be as low as possible. Believe me I'm no fan of taxes. However, lower taxes for some equates to higher taxes for others, rich or poor.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2012, 03:51 PM   #18
Harry_Y
Addict
Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle DX, Galaxy Tab 2
Quote:
What's not to love about tools?

Oh I Love tools

And Toys
Harry_Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:49 PM   #19
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry_Y View Post
I have no love for any particular device as I view them all as tools

But I have never understood why people pay so much more for Apple products.
Apple products are on par with any other device. To claim "so much more" would be incorrect.
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:46 PM   #20
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Quote:
What's not to love about tools?
My source for drool-worthy tools is http://leevalley.com
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2012, 06:49 PM   #21
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post
Apple products are on par with any other device. To claim "so much more" would be incorrect.
I disagree in some cases. Show me something else that does what the iPod touch does as well as it does it.
For that matter, is there another tablet comparable to the iPad that performs as well, without PC-like complexity for consumer users?
(The former, I looked and could not find. The latter I'm curious about.)

ApK
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:50 PM   #22
Harry_Y
Addict
Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle DX, Galaxy Tab 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post

Pretty much what I have found, I have serviced them all.

They all have there own issues.
Harry_Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:29 AM   #23
VaporPunk
Evangelist
VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 + Asus Transformer
Quote:
Originally Posted by petermillard View Post
I'm sure Daring Fireball readers will have already seen this, but I think it sums it all up pretty well - and is actually quite funny:-

Stop the presses...
Worthy of a good giggle. And there is an element of truth to it as well. There ain't a MNC on this planet that pays a penny more in taxes than they have to but Apple gets the headlines. When you're the richest corporation on the planet that's what tends to happen.
VaporPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:56 AM   #24
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I disagree in some cases. Show me something else that does what the iPod touch does as well as it does it.
For that matter, is there another tablet comparable to the iPad that performs as well, without PC-like complexity for consumer users?
(The former, I looked and could not find. The latter I'm curious about.)

ApK
I was speaking of price.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:58 AM   #25
monkeyluis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry_Y View Post
Pretty much what I have found, I have serviced them all.

They all have there own issues.
I was referring to your claim that apple products cost so much more.