Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 10-13-2014, 11:32 PM   #181
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlanger View Post
I have this pen and it works beautifully. I have had no issues with its operation in detecting strokes.

The only issue that I have with it is that because of the POV tip it can be a bit noisy when I take notes in meetings.

The thing I like most about it, is that it requires absolutely no pressure (unlike the Joy Factory/Lynktec stylus with hard rubber tip).
Which apps do you use it with? In the videos, it seemed to show the same non-detection issues that the Wacom Fineline had.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 08:54 PM   #182
rlanger
rlanger began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Which apps do you use it with? In the videos, it seemed to show the same non-detection issues that the Wacom Fineline had.
My primary note taking app is Notes Plus, but I have most of the other top note apps I've also used it with Procreate and Sketchbook Pro, and it's never skipped a beat.
rlanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2014, 10:42 AM   #183
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlanger View Post
My primary note taking app is Notes Plus, but I have most of the other top note apps I've also used it with Procreate and Sketchbook Pro, and it's never skipped a beat.
Interesting. I may try it now that my hopes for an ipad with stylus support have been crushed
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 03:36 AM   #184
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Interesting. I may try it now that my hopes for an ipad with stylus support have been crushed
Hope they decide to support AnyPen "stylus" too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...tiPE_AlU#t=105

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...JIOFBEI0#t=124

Last edited by markom; 01-10-2015 at 04:09 AM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 10:37 AM   #185
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Handwriting on the iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by markom View Post

Now that's impressive! I've long waited for a device that recognizes a spork as an input device. It makes life so simple; two items being all you need to surf the Internet, write the next Great American Novel, and eat dessert afterwards. Seriously, Lenovo hasn't been on my radar screen until now, but the Yoga looks like a major contender. I love the hole for hanging it while doing other things. It's such a simple innovation I wonder why it hasn't been implemented before.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2015, 11:37 AM   #186
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by markom View Post
Sounds nice! (I didn't see the videos since I'm at work but did a quick Google search to get an idea). But I'd be scared to touch my tablet's screen with any pen!
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 02:54 PM   #187
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
Sounds nice! (I didn't see the videos since I'm at work but did a quick Google search to get an idea). But I'd be scared to touch my tablet's screen with any pen!
I got very nervous when she began scratching at the screen with her scissors and screwdriver. They both work, but I think I would be using something less likely to damage an LCD screen.

Its a really really interesting tech. *Piqued interest*
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 05:30 PM   #188
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
I think it's more like they're paving the way for better styluses that can be manufactured by any company without worrying about SDKs and the like, and more about the form. They obviously know that the majority of people aren't comfortable with taking a sharp object to their screens.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 04:55 AM   #189
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
I think it's more like they're paving the way for better styluses that can be manufactured by any company without worrying about SDKs and the like, and more about the form. They obviously know that the majority of people aren't comfortable with taking a sharp object to their screens.
Very good point.
Old 01-16-2015, 05:54 AM   #190
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
Very good point.
Well played! LOL!!!
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 07:08 AM   #191
FlorenceArt
High Priestess

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
Well played! LOL!!!
That was completely involuntary
Old 01-16-2015, 09:16 AM   #192
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Took me a minute.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 11:35 AM   #193
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
I didn't even notice it.

I got one of the new Adonit Jots the other week BTW. The Mini. First time with the dampening disc (Had the original Jot, but sold it when I got the 1st gen Creative). Pretty good for using on the iPhone. They have these huge clips that resemble a clothes pin now. Not so great for a shirt pocket, but probably fine on the side of a flip case.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote