Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 06-21-2009, 08:45 PM   #136
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
This looks like a good place to make this request. Don't make me start a new thread! I am looking for recommendations for authors in the mobileread e-books section for Mystery and Westerns. I have downloaded a Max Brand so far and that looks like he will be pretty good.
benham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 09:43 PM   #137
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by benham View Post
This looks like a good place to make this request. Don't make me start a new thread! I am looking for recommendations for authors in the mobileread e-books section for Mystery and Westerns. I have downloaded a Max Brand so far and that looks like he will be pretty good.
John Buchan is an author you may enjoy. He's the author of a series of mystery/suspense novels starring Richard Hannay, a British secret agent. The first of these novels -- The 39 Steps -- is the best known, having been made into a successful movie by Alfred Hitchcock. Download the omnibus edition of all the Richard Hannay novels for your Sony PRS 505 at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10664. I'm also very fond of Wilkie Collins. There are 37 "books" by Collins in the MobileRead library. (I put "books" in quotes because I'm not sure if they are all novels or if some are short stories.)

Are you aware that you can sort the eBooks section by genre? Start at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/ebo...&sort=dateline and then pick your genre from the pull-down. Not all books have been classified, but many of the mysteries and westerns are identified as such. (Hmmm... wonder if we have any mysterious westerns??)
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 11:26 PM   #138
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
Thanks Elsi! I know about the sort but I still need to know about the authors!
benham is offline   Reply With Quote