Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 11-03-2013, 04:07 PM   #676
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemeinagent View Post
Hey, thanks for the great work. I just set up COPS on my Synology DS212+ and it works great. However, I have two questions:

- when opening the website on my Kindle Paperwhite, it looks very condensed. Sadly, I cannot change the CSS style, as nothing happens when I select a different style. I guess this means my Kindle is not supporting Ajax? Can I change the default theme?
Another user also reported me this issue. COPS worked better with older Kindle ... sad !

I'm trying to fix it with the help of the other user but that could take a while as I don't own this device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemeinagent View Post
- the aldiko reader lets me browse my library, but it does not show covers. Should it? Other than that, it's working great. The Covers are showing on my Kindle, BTW...
It should !

What url did you use : index.php (to use the Html interface) or feed.php for the opds feed ?

When I was in the beta of aldiko I reported a problem with images when the catalog was password protected. It was never fixed during the beta. If I'm right (password protected catalog), then the bug is still there. You'll have to use a working alternative (Mantano, FBReaderJ, ...).

I'll maybe modify COPS to work around that bug (Sony PRS-TX has the same problem), but again I don't know when it'll be ready.
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:57 PM   #677
At_Libitum
Addict
At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KyBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
@Ileo

Thanks for your report : I almost never use ratings, I don't use XP and I only use Firefox. That certainly explains why I didn't saw it. I'll try with Chrome to fix it.
I happen to have noticed this not only in COPS. And for me it always happens in webkit based browsers. For instance if there's typographical quotes or em dashes in a page, they often don't show correct. Although I never seen this happen in Firefox or IE.

It was pure dumb luck that I tripped over the CSS setting that seems to cause this in COPS

Code:
/* Global Box Sizing and Font-Smoothing */
*, *:after, *:before {
...snipped...
    text-rendering:optimizeLegibility;
}
Adding an override such as below seems to work on both XP and Windows7 for Webkit based browsers.
Code:
.fullclickpopup .sr {
    text-rendering: [auto|optimizeSpeed];
}
PS. read as either auto OR optimizeSpeed

Last edited by At_Libitum; 11-03-2013 at 10:16 PM.
At_Libitum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:01 AM   #678
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

@At_Libitum

Thanks a lot, I've committed the fix.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:29 AM   #679
Gemeinagent
Gemeinagent began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Another user also reported me this issue. COPS worked better with older Kindle ... sad !

I'm trying to fix it with the help of the other user but that could take a while as I don't own this device.

It should !

What url did you use : index.php (to use the Html interface) or feed.php for the opds feed ?

When I was in the beta of aldiko I reported a problem with images when the catalog was password protected. It was never fixed during the beta. If I'm right (password protected catalog), then the bug is still there. You'll have to use a working alternative (Mantano, FBReaderJ, ...).

I'll maybe modify COPS to work around that bug (Sony PRS-TX has the same problem), but again I don't know when it'll be ready.
I tried both URLs, exactly the same behaviour.
You are right, I use password protection (basic auth via .htaccess) - I guess I could test this without password protection enabled. That's no solution for the long term, sadly

Edit: without password protection it shows the covers nicely.

Thanks for looking into it (and the Kindle issue as well). Could you tell me where I can change the source code so I would get the e-ink css as default?

Last edited by Gemeinagent; 11-06-2013 at 02:16 PM.
Gemeinagent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 06:45 PM   #680
Freakeao
Connoisseur
Freakeao began at the beginning.

Device: none
Does Series information import into readers?

I have setup several series in my calibre library (Thrawn Trilogy, Chronicles of Naria) and these display correctly in the web and OPDS output of my COPS 0.6.2 install. But when I download a book from my OPDS feed into Aldiko 3.0.1 it does not show up in Aldikos Collections. Is it supposed to? I was hoping that it would.

I have tried with $config['cops_update_epub-metadata'] = "1"; and 0. Didn't notice a difference.

Am I missing a step or is this just not supported?
Freakeao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 05:37 AM   #681
Fons
Fons began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung E60
I also are having problems with downloading an epub.
When i try this it seems to download teh epub, but when i look at it it's only 0 kb, so empty.
I've tried changing everything in the config-file but nothing seems to work.
When i look at the url-address it shows something like "192.168.2.50//cops/fetch.php?data=1006&type=epub&id=1006".
is there something wrong with this. Do I need to change something in fetch.php ?
Hopefully somebody has an answer for me ?
Fons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:00 AM   #682
At_Libitum
Addict
At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fons View Post
When i try this it seems to download teh epub, but when i look at it it's only 0 kb, so empty.
When i look at the url-address it shows something like "192.168.2.50//cops/fetch.php?data=1006&type=epub&id=1006".
is there something wrong with this. Do I need to change something in fetch.php ?
did you copy/paste that url from somewhere ? there should be a db id in that url too, even with only 1 library, and I see a double forward slash. The missing db id is probably already the reason, but the double slash can also cause some programs to fail.

Apart from checking your config that you haven't accidentally typed a double forward slash somewhere, you could try setting "cops_use_url_rewriting" to 1.
This should change the download link to lead directly to the epub.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:18 AM   #683
At_Libitum
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakeao View Post
Does Series information import into readers?

I have setup several series in my calibre library (Thrawn Trilogy, Chronicles of Naria) and these display correctly in the web and OPDS output of my COPS 0.6.2 install. But when I download a book from my OPDS feed into Aldiko 3.0.1 it does not show up in Aldikos Collections. Is it supposed to? I was hoping that it would.

I have tried with $config['cops_update_epub-metadata'] = "1"; and 0. Didn't notice a difference.

Am I missing a step or is this just not supported?
Don't have an Aldiko (am iOS based) so can't comment on that part. But I can confirm that series info gets downloaded. All of the metadata for a book that is present in the book gets downloaded to your reader, it depends on the reader how and where that info is used. Logically speaking, collections are a different thing from Series (at least they will be if stored in the metadata) so I imagine that is why series info may not show up there.

Have you looked at Calibre Companion? Folks using Android seem to think it is very useful, so perhaps it can be of help here.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:07 PM   #684
vlad59
Addict

Quote:
Have you checked the wiki (https://github.com/seblucas/cops/wiki/FAQ) ?
Old 11-17-2013, 02:23 PM   #685
Fons
Fons began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung E60
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by At_Libitum View Post
did you copy/paste that url from somewhere ? there should be a db id in that url too, even with only 1 library, and I see a double forward slash. The missing db id is probably already the reason, but the double slash can also cause some programs to fail.

Apart from checking your config that you haven't accidentally typed a double forward slash somewhere, you could try setting "cops_use_url_rewriting" to 1.
This should change the download link to lead directly to the epub.
Thanks At_libitum I've double checked everything in my config file from the start and saw that I had "$config['cops_x_accel_redirect'] = " "" left empty. Now I filled in "X-Sendfile" and everything works fine. I can actually download the epubs.
Thanks again and also vlad59 for your help.
By the way an excellent program. I use it with moren than 16000 epubs on my Synology and the speed is still excellent.
Fons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:09 AM   #686
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
That's unfortunately normal ... Kobo's browser does not support basic authentication.
Actually, it does. You just need to put the userid & password in the URL, like so: https://userid:password@www.example.org/COPS

Works for me with COPS on my Aura HD 2.10.0 & 3.0.0; don't know for older versions, but as it's a standard way of doing things since way back when, I'm guessing it will.

It's a bit clumsy as you have to fully enter it every time you use it (it won't save it in a bookmark), but it does work.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:21 AM   #687
vlad59
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
Actually, it does. You just need to put the userid & password in the URL, like so: https://useridassword@www.example.org/COPS

Works for me with COPS on my Aura HD 2.10.0 & 3.0.0; don't know for older versions, but as it's a standard way of doing things since way back when, I'm guessing it will.

It's a bit clumsy as you have to fully enter it every time you use it (it won't save it in a bookmark), but it does work.
You can also use login.html instead of index.php. It does the authentication with javascript and it works.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:52 PM   #688
vlad59
Addict

Quote:
Thanks At_libitum I've double checked everything in my config file from the start and saw that I had "$config['cops_x_accel_redirect'] = " "" left empty. Now I filled in "X-Sendfile" and everything works fine. I can actually download the epubs.
Thanks again and also vlad59 for your help.
By the way an excellent program. I use it with moren than 16000 epubs on my Synology and the speed is still excellent.
It should work with $config['cops_x_accel_redirect'] = ""

My best guess is that your $config['calibre_internal_directory'] is not empty.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:01 PM   #689
Freakeao
Connoisseur
Freakeao began at the beginning.

Device: none
Does COPS work with the Calibre Companion on Android? I tried putting in my cops url in the setup for the content server but Calibre Companion does not display any books.
Freakeao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 03:14 AM   #690
vlad59
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakeao View Post
Does COPS work with the Calibre Companion on Android? I tried putting in my cops url in the setup for the content server but Calibre Companion does not display any books.
Not at all. COPS is not Calibre on the web. It's just a way to show Calibre library on the web.

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology