Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-06-2011, 08:58 AM   #91
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Where did you drag it?
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:37 PM   #92
plaid
Connoisseur
plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo eReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
Where did you drag it?
to the root of the kobo drive, where some of my books are
plaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2011, 04:02 PM   #93
G0AT
Addict
G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d0g View Post
Nope.

AND the original Poker is no longer hidden under Help/Help.

Those sneaky developers...

I take this to mean that the easter eggs are not yet public knowledge, and that you know what and where they are.
G0AT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:08 PM   #94
3d0g
I make fjords.
3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: kobo 1 (retired), kobo 2, iPad, G2, Galaxy Tab 7+
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0AT View Post
I take this to mean that the easter eggs are not yet public knowledge, and that you know what and where they are.
Anyone on the beta team does, but we were asked not to divulge. I would volunteer that the process for accessing them is similar to the previous one. Just need to explore a bit.
3d0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:47 AM   #95
windowsrefund
Connoisseur
windowsrefund began at the beginning.

Device: kobo wifi
I think the developers need to stop writing eggs and focus on basic things like improving PDF support, cleaning up the bloated interface, and improving rendering speed.
windowsrefund is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2011, 09:46 PM   #96
quehouse
quehouse began at the beginning.

Easier way

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
Go to Google Images, search for the book cover.
Right-click on it, choose save image as
Save to the desktop
Click on the book in Calibre
Open the 'edit meta information' area by clicking on the button
Go to the bottom right corner where it says 'change cover image'
Click on the left button underneath it (the one beside the garbage can)
Browse to where you saved the image
When you click okay and exit the meta information editor, you will have a cover
Follow the above instructions of searching but just drag the image into the editor.
quehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:26 PM   #97
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by windowsrefund View Post
I think the developers need to stop writing eggs and focus on basic things like improving PDF support, cleaning up the bloated interface, and improving rendering speed.
I think you will find that most ereader firmware developers would consider PDF support to be a lower priority than say ePUB.

Rendering speed is mainly a function of the hardware in the device though. How the ebook is accessed and any speed gains achieved is another matter entirely.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 02:02 PM   #98
The Cod Father
Enthusiast
The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: KOBO. Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by windowsrefund View Post
Can I get an AMEN

TCF
The Cod Father is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 02:17 PM   #99
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Don't be silly. They didn't write them, they just popped them in there for a bit of fun.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:09 AM   #100
ajlei
ajlei began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wireless
I work in a Borders and I was able to find the Kobo Wireless easter egg in about ten minutes. If you know how to get to the easter egg on the first Kobo, you should be able to figure out how to find it pretty quickly on the Wireless one. Don't want to spoil anything, so good luck!
ajlei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:42 AM   #101
m_bisson
Groupie
m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.

Device: kobo touch :)
Is there a "Mark as read" option yet?
m_bisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:43 PM   #102
fuzzyqball
fuzzyqball began at the beginning.

I downloaded PDFtoEPub and it seems too work pretty well in converting PDF files into something more readable.
fuzzyqball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:57 AM   #103
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajlei View Post
I work in a Borders and I was able to find the Kobo Wireless easter egg in about ten minutes. If you know how to get to the easter egg on the first Kobo, you should be able to figure out how to find it pretty quickly on the Wireless one. Don't want to spoil anything, so good luck!
Figured it out in about 3mins.

I've included the spoiler below this line... if you know how to look for it.

Menu -> Settings -> Advanced -> Menu -> Settings
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:18 PM   #104
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger View Post
Thanks!
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:48 PM   #105
G0AT
Addict
G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger View Post
Thanks Danger. Fun little Easter Egg set.
G0AT is offline   Reply With Quote