Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-15-2010, 05:15 PM   #61
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
Deadwood

4 years later and I'm still pissed off they didn't finish the last season.
they did the same thing with Carnivale (can't believe no one else watched it!)
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:23 PM   #62
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenieliser View Post
"If wishes were horses, we'd all be eating steak."
Firefly came to mind first.
Can't forget Enterprise either.
Huh???
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2010, 06:10 PM   #63
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
5 pages and no great comedies that died before their time.

Here are two of the best...

Police Squad! Only 6 episodes, but all were perfection...

Sledge Hammer! - (squad room during a bomb defusing - personnel Go, Sledge, Go! - Head of Department - Go, Bomb, Go!) Only two seasons...
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 06:21 PM   #64
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
they did the same thing with Carnivale (can't believe no one else watched it!)
I just looked at an overview of Carnivàle on wikipedia and it looked really good. Plus having 50,000 people write in to keep the show on the air says something as well, so it looks like you weren't the only one watching it. Where does HBO get it's executives, NBC?
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 06:48 PM   #65
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
probably. I hadn't known there was a write in campaign. hell, I didn't even really know it was cancelled until about a year after the fact. I just kept waiting...
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2010, 07:22 PM   #66
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
5 pages and no great comedies that died before their time.

Here are two of the best...

Police Squad! Only 6 episodes, but all were perfection...

Sledge Hammer! - (squad room during a bomb defusing - personnel Go, Sledge, Go! - Head of Department - Go, Bomb, Go!) Only two seasons...
Agreed. I have all six on VHS tape.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:35 PM   #67
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Night Stalker - the original 1970s series, not the 2005 remake
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 07:37 PM   #68
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I will always be sad the Sarah Connor Chronicles were axed just as it was getting interesting. But I am even sadder about my old favourite, Blake's 7 (I consider it a cancellation even though they were given the opportunity to wrap the series up in what's still one of the most open-ended finale's of all time).
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 07:39 PM   #69
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

You talking existential being or anthropomorphic deity?

The following clip contains my favorite Police Squad moment.

Old 02-15-2010, 07:51 PM   #70
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
The following clip contains my favorite Police Squad moment.
That was awesome.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 07:56 PM   #71
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
That was awesome.
Thanks!
Old 02-15-2010, 07:57 PM   #72
cathyb1964
cathyb1964 is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle
Dark Angel
Birds of Prey
Buffy
cathyb1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:01 PM   #73
JuniperPearl
Enthusiast
JuniperPearl began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire, iPhone 5, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebarnmom View Post
We really like "Chuck" and I thought it was a goner, but they decided to keep it going. I just LOVE the NerdHerd!
Chuck is my favorite show! So glad they didn't cancel it, it makes Mondays bearable

As I was opening this thread the first show I thought of was The 4400 - I was surprised to see that that was the first show posted! I loved that show - I watched it live from the very beginning, own all 4 seasons on DVD, and re-watch it all the time. GREAT show! I was so angry when it got cancelled.

Other shows I miss:
Dollhouse
Firefly
Arrested Development
JuniperPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:05 PM   #74
GeneS
eBook Enthusiast
GeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-350, Astak PocketPro, iPhone, Asus eee Pad Transformer
Mission Impossible (going way back)
M*A*S*H
Hill Street Blues
Pushing Daisies
GeneS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:10 PM   #75
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneS View Post
Mission Impossible (going way back)
M*A*S*H
Hill Street Blues
Pushing Daisies
MASH wasn't canceled; it was concluded.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote