Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-28-2009, 06:06 AM   #1
Argent009
www.kindle2hacks.com
Argent009 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-501/Kindle 2
Smile kindle2hacks.com

Hey folks,

I just set this up, well, just bought it and the setup of the hosting is pending but I expect to have it set up soon. I hope it isn't a violation of the ToS of the site for me to post this but this is the most active and popular site for users of ebooks and I thought it'd be a good place to ask if anyone wants to help. I'd like to use the site as a blog for helpful hacks for the Kindle 2 as they come about and maybe to offer other information and I thought maybe a few people from here would like to join in as editors on the staff of the site? It's totally volunteer, the site is not for profit in any way (no ads will appear on it), it's simply a way to try to help learn and teach. If you're interested (and this post isn't a violation of ToS) please respond either to this thread or via PM here or email me at infinitycustoms@gmail.com.

Thanks,
Mike
Argent009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 04:34 AM   #2
unrequited
Zealot
unrequited doesn't litterunrequited doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2 DX
...fill it with content you can only find on many other resources piecemeal and people will come to it. Especially the power users. Remove all the test crap on the page, and start with all the current known shortcuts, static pages for links to the source files for KindleOS v1 & v2, and put up a forums for hacking. Then start cyberwalking around and personally emailing all of the authors of K1 utils & hacks to get some of the heavy hitters to come around. It's definitely a worthwhile endeavor, all of the sites that I've found so far have catered to the casual user (and they do a wonderful job of that!).

Last edited by unrequited; 03-01-2009 at 04:36 AM.
unrequited is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2009, 07:25 AM   #3
Argent009
www.kindle2hacks.com

Well I just registered the domain and got the hosting and all that about 24 hours ago, so a lot of it has to be configured. I was hoping to find some folks who'd like to help with the leg work and writing work and thought this would be a good place to start looking. I'd rather not fill it entirely with content from other sites but yeah, to give it a shove in the right direction that's one thing to do. Thing is there aren't any hacks for the K2 yet, so I'm hunting for people who are actively trying to figure those hacks out right now and maybe have had SOME luck. The only "known hacks" really aren't hacks, they're actually documented features. So, digging and testing for real hacks.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:33 AM   #4
Argent009
www.kindle2hacks.com

Update on this topic: I've gotten the forums in there and working but not sure if everyone will like the forum style/template as it's a little dark. Nobody wants to help with this project? I swear it is NOT a scam site or anything, just a project to do for the fun of it.

Tags
hack, hacks, kindle, kindle 2, website