Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-04-2008, 04:00 PM   #76
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
A few are scorpion stings. However, there is at least one spider bite, and three or four mosquito bites.

One of the scorpion sting areas has become infected. It's really amazing how fast a staph infection can get a hold and take off. The whole of my left upper arm is swollen, red, itchy and hot to the touch. It's classic for a staph infection.
In our garden we have some English attempt at midges, which happily bite me, bringing up tiny spots. I'm not sure, but from reading this, I think if RickyMaveety was here, and was subject to their bites, the sasanach midges would drop dead. If you make it over here, let us know....

Currently listening to end of program hosted by Dawkins on Darwin. Conclusion is that someone has out-evolved much Texan wildlife.
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 05:48 PM   #77
sianon
Addict
sianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony 500, Bebook, Kindle, Eco reader Drs and soon the Archos 9
Currently reading MR and wishing I didn't have to head off to work very soon also trying to avoid thinking about the presentation I have to give to a hospital ward meeting this afternoon where I have to condense several hours of material into one hour.

Also needing to try to get one of those incredibly rare things called "an appointment with a doctor" which will take as much persuasive negotiations as would be required with trying to negotiate world peace.

Karen
sianon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:01 PM   #78
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
In our garden we have some English attempt at midges, which happily bite me, bringing up tiny spots. I'm not sure, but from reading this, I think if RickyMaveety was here, and was subject to their bites, the sasanach midges would drop dead. If you make it over here, let us know....

Currently listening to end of program hosted by Dawkins on Darwin. Conclusion is that someone has out-evolved much Texan wildlife.
Oh ... now, wouldn't that be nice?? I haven't been over there in a long time, but I'd love to go again.

Right about the time I start thinking I have "out evolved" the Texas wildlife, I'll probably be eaten by our resident mountain lions.

As to what I'm doing right now?? Well, it's just after 7:00 pm, and I am going to take my antibiotics and go back to bed. I hate taking antibiotics ... they make me feel so awful.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 10:26 PM   #79
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Going through a bunch of medical bills for the family. There are those that want the US to adopt a health system like those in Canada or the UK. I'll keep this one thank you.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:34 PM   #80
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I just went out to buy a new pair of thongs, having lost half of my old pair on Sunday evening (I checked to make sure I'd put them in the car when we were leaving my brother's - counting "one, two" - and then one obviously fell out as I closed the door. Good show, hey?). I bought a nice pair of royal blue Havaianas, but also found a nifty wallet (small, leather, and about the size of a mix tape - you can tell, because it has a mix tape printed full-size on the front)...and then bought a couple of pairs of jeans-shorts, as I was running...well, short of shorts (Tip for future reference: not wearing any underpants causes shorts to wear out faster than normal in the crotchal area).

Right now, I'm having some peanut butter on a fresh bread roll, with a latte, and then we'll be clipping the second dog, Oscar (a.k.a George/Puddin'head/A.L.F.ie/Chumley Humbert Mumblebottom-Smythe) having clipped Maggie (a.k.a. Golden Girl/Stinky/HRH/Myrtle Gertrude Vajaysleydale-Coxsley) yesterday. Then I'll be showering, to get rid of what is almost a full dog's worth of dander from every crevice of my body that could possibly be irritated by itchy little hairs.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:39 PM   #81
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I think that I need smelling salts...
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:45 PM   #82
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Right now I am reading all about Marc's morning shopping, eating and showering.

It is fascinating stuff! I can't wait to read what happens next... Will the wallet hold all the stuff the last one did? Will he start wearing undergarments to lengthen the life of his shorts' crotchal area? Will he still get rid of all the dander, or will his body crevices get irritated?

I have no life, so I find living vicariously through Marc the next best thing!
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:48 PM   #83
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's kinda like The Truman Show.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:59 PM   #84
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
Right now I am reading all about Marc's morning shopping, eating and showering.
I'll install a webcam (not in the shower - that's pay-per-view).

Quote:
It is fascinating stuff! I can't wait to read what happens next... Will the wallet hold all the stuff the last one did?
No. The wallet I bought last week (a nice, dark green, kangaroo leather) is too big, tempting me to stuff it full. This one is much smaller - I'll even have to sacrifice a couple of cards (not the credit cards; never the credit cards).

Quote:
Will he start wearing undergarments to lengthen the life of his shorts' crotchal area?
Never! The shorts must learn to live in their new full-body-contact crotchal environment, or suffer the early indignity of the rag bin. I'm sorry, but they're my principles, and I refuse to compromise (besides, when you get that nice cool breeze up your shorts-leg....ahhhhhhhh).

Quote:
Will he still get rid of all the dander, or will his body crevices get irritated?
I know you shouldn't scratch an itch, but my word it feels so good.

Quote:
I have no life, so I find living vicariously through Marc the next best thing!
All of the superficial and quotidian pleasures, but without the irritation (well, mostly without irrititation ).

Quote:
It's kinda like The Truman Show.
...thus confirming the crux of my chronic paranoia. Now excuse me while I go look for cameras...

Cheers,
Marc (There's one! Oh, no, don't worry...that's one of mine)
Old 08-05-2008, 12:05 AM   #85
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
I'll install a webcam (not in the shower - that's pay-per-view).

I know you shouldn't scratch an itch, but my word it feels so good.

All of the superficial and quotidian pleasures, but without the irritation (well, mostly without irrititation ).

Quote:
Kinda like The Truman Show
...thus confirming the crux of my chronic paranoia. Now excuse me while I go look for cameras...

Cheers,
Marc (There's one! Oh, no, don't worry...that's one of mine)
Actually the thought of you having a web cam, while being filmed for a reality TV show offers some complex existential paradox's even The Truman Show would have been too afraid to present.

My head hurts now.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:07 AM   #86
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Actually the thought of you having a web cam, while being filmed for a reality TV show offers some complex existential paradox's even The Truman Show would have been too afraid to present.
That, and the full frontal male nudity.

Quote:
My head hurts now.
Take two Zany Carter Deluxes and call me in the morning if pain (or about 24 hours worth of recent memory) persists.

Cheers,
Marc
Old 08-05-2008, 12:08 AM   #87
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
eeeewwwwwwww............
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:12 AM   #88
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
That, and the full frontal male nudity.
That is where your pay-per-view web cam empire crumbles. Why pay for a crappy pay-per-view web cam, when everything is also on Hi-Def TV?

Only for the obsessive collector!
Old 08-05-2008, 12:18 AM   #89
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
That is where your pay-per-view web cam empire crumbles. Why pay for a crappy pay-per-view web cam, when everything is also on Hi-Def TV?

Only for the obsessive collector!
I'm trying to be post-modern (ie. sell bad-quality and worthless things for extraordinary amounts of money by value-adding three important letters - A, R and T).

My next show is presenting my Existentialist underpants - the "Existential" bit is in the underpants being unworn (at least the buyers will hope they're Existential, and that they don't get an Impressionist surprise).

Cheers,
Marc
Old 08-05-2008, 12:24 AM   #90
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...

I get it! A-R-T

In other words: Filth!

Your gonna be a billionaire!

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?