Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-22-2008, 08:54 AM   #631
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
in honor of the autumn equinoxe and the fact that i am FREEZING and despite my kneesocks, sweater and scarf (inside) and eternal cup of hot tea, i'm not sure i can feel all my toes, i am OFFICIALLY TURNING ON THE HEAT.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:02 AM   #632
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I had to open the windows and run the chiller this weekend, since it has been 80 F for five days running. Usually in the Great Icebox, we are in Zelda's position by now.

I do have to drain the pool this weekend, though, since I need to do some concrete work and painting before the snow flies.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:12 AM   #633
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I will bypass the two afternoons, Saturday and Sunday, that I spent on the beach, and just compensate for the implicit gloating by saying that the illness I felt a couple of weeks ago has returned, and the rumbling in my lower intestine (or wherever in the bowels of my internal hell the rumbling occurs) is making me reluctant to go to bed, lest it wish to suddenly speak its vile curses on the big, white porcelain telephone to the gods.

Don't make me explain, because I will.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:13 AM   #634
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
I will bypass the two afternoons, Saturday and Sunday, that I spent on the beach, and just compensate for the implicit gloating by saying that the illness I felt a couple of weeks ago has returned, and the rumbling in my lower intestine (or wherever in the bowels of my internal hell the rumbling occurs) is making me reluctant to go to bed, lest it wish to suddenly speak its vile curses on the big, white porcelain telephone to the gods.

Cheers,
Marc
Pretty certain we got it, so thanks for the offer, but no.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:21 AM   #635
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post

Cheers,
Marc
In a wierd way, I both want you to, and don't want you to. I think I'll go hit my self over the head with a hammer now until the images goes away....
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:21 AM   #636
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
in honor of the autumn equinoxe and the fact that i am FREEZING and despite my kneesocks, sweater and scarf (inside) and eternal cup of hot tea, i'm not sure i can feel all my toes, i am OFFICIALLY TURNING ON THE HEAT.
Try putting a hat on.
You lose most heat through your head; when your temp drops, your body diverts heat from your extremities to your torso. Putting a hat on will help keep your toes warm.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:26 AM   #637
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Currently trying to summon up the energy to haul myself back on my Wii Fit and post a decent hula hoop score.

My hula hooping skills are pitiful!
Old 09-22-2008, 10:29 AM   #638
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Weather here in N.Texas for the next 7 days. Partly cloudy with highs around 30 C and lows around 18 C. It's yard work time....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:29 AM   #639
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Montnmags ... been there in the same position so many times .... you have all my good thoughts for feeling better headed your way.

I am packing for my trip (Wednesday). I also have to have all projects either done or put away and the house CLEAN before I go ... so most likely I won't be here much for a few days.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:40 AM   #640
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Try putting a hat on.
You lose most heat through your head; when your temp drops, your body diverts heat from your extremities to your torso. Putting a hat on will help keep your toes warm.
wow, you sound just like my dad. it's almost eerie. i once asked my dad to lend me some socks when i was at his house because my feet were cold and he refused and gave me a wool béret instead, assuring me that it would be much more effective. i wore the béret to make him happy but also shoved my feet between the sofa cushions to warm them up so a bit later when he asked me if my feet were warmer i could honestly say "yes" and he said "see ?" and was very pleased to have helped me out. he has many other interesting theories, some of which are debatable and some which are actually false, but they can be quite entertaining, particularly if you try to figure out in your own head why exactly he might have that belief. like the belief that smoking (cigarettes) makes you hungry.

to get back to the point, i did know that and am actually also wearing my mid-season wool hat already. i regularly wear a hat in the house in winter. i am all in favor of hats. but sometimes even the hat is not enough. besides which, i have poor circulation and my feet are *always* cold, so wearing a hat will help overall but will not warm up my toes if they are cold. just trust me on this.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:42 AM   #641
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Currently trying to summon up the energy to haul myself back on my Wii Fit and post a decent hula hoop score.

My hula hooping skills are pitiful!
oh my. thank you so much for that mental image. that is going to keep me entertained for DAYS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Weather here in N.Texas for the next 7 days. Partly cloudy with highs around 30 C and lows around 18 C. It's yard work time....
oh stop it, that's just mean.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:44 AM   #642
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Agreed, currently around 10 C here, winds blowing in from the north and generally poor weatherconditions, then you do NOT want to hear things like that! May all your airconditioners break down!
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:52 AM   #643
Sparrow
Wizard

Quote:
... i have poor circulation and my feet are *always* cold, so wearing a hat will help overall but will not warm up my toes if they are cold. just trust me on this.
Hmmm, you could try this tip:

http://www.eternalcamp.com/2008/02/w...d-climate.html

"Take a pair of wool socks, and put them on your feet. Now, over these, put on some nylon stockings.
The combination of nylon and wool is a good thing, because one is naturally positively charged, while the other is naturally negatively charged. Hiking around in these dynamic pairs of foot clothing, creates frictional static electricity that warms up your feet without any need for batteries."
Old 09-22-2008, 10:54 AM   #644
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Zeep, run yourself a nice warm bath. It will help your toes to get a head start on the warming up bit.

You know ... they do have electric booties now?? And battery operated warming socks? Both leave your feetsies all toasty warm.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:22 PM   #645
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:

Look at it this way. Nature is trying to prepare you for Edmonton....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?