Notices

Old 04-04-2013, 04:12 PM   #1
jeanettsvr
jeanettsvr began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Preferences ignored

Hello!

Please help!

I've changed the disk saving preferences, and I changed the saving template as well as the option to save the cover separately and save the .opf file

None of these changes had been applied... I've restarted several times and nothing seems to happen

Is there anything I'm missing?

Thanks in advance!
jeanettsvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:51 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Sticky: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=119175
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2013, 01:15 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanettsvr View Post
Hello!

Please help!

I've changed the disk saving preferences, and I changed the saving template as well as the option to save the cover separately and save the .opf file

None of these changes had been applied... I've restarted several times and nothing seems to happen

Is there anything I'm missing?

Thanks in advance!
These settings apply to when you use the Calibre "Save to Disk" option to export books from the Calibre library. I am guessing that you are trying/expecting to use it for something else?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:16 PM   #4
jeanettsvr

Thanks itimpi... In fact I was aware that I can't change the folder structure, but I have the cover image files, and calibre it's duplicating them and after I make a conversion I move the file to the place I prefer, but I'm not sure if metadata is gong with the file itself or I need to have the opf file, so I asked not to save them by separately.

Thanks again
Old 04-06-2013, 08:45 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanettsvr View Post
Thanks itimpi... In fact I was aware that I can't change the folder structure, but I have the cover image files, and calibre it's duplicating them and after I make a conversion I move the file to the place I prefer, but I'm not sure if metadata is gong with the file itself or I need to have the opf file, so I asked not to save them by separately.

Thanks again
Reset your Thinking
The cover inside the Library is What Calibre uses to show in the GUI. It is what it uses when Sending to Devices, making conversions.

The ORIGINAL source has become the Extra. Archive it. Bin it
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2013, 12:26 PM   #6
jeanettsvr

thanks again!