Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-24-2012, 09:24 AM   #1
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
JS WOLF bannned for life? retired? quit?

What is the real story and

why did he really get banned? He at least had strong opinions...maybe against what you thought but interesting nonetheless...

Last edited by hidari; 02-28-2012 at 05:56 PM.
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:45 AM   #2
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
I know nothing about the status or reasons about JS Wolf. However, I will note that there has been a movement to reduce the level of vitrol on this site. Many people have abandonded the site due to the high level of vitrol over the last 1-2 years.

I know of at least a dozen people who no longer post here, some of which were major contributors, due to the sense that it was no longer a warm happy, nay even a silly place to spend time. Any one who has posted over the last 3-4 years could start listing the avatars.

I don't post as much as I used to, basically for the above reasons. (Although I have been accused of occasionally causing some of the disharmony.)

Take it for what it is worth...
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2012, 10:55 AM   #3
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
I think reports of his demise have been exaggerated. He appears to be alive and well and has posted here within the last hour
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:55 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
What is the real story and

why did he really get banned? He at least had strong opinions...maybe agains what you thought but interesting nonetheless...
Given that Jon has written about half a dozen posts in the last hour, I'm not sure how you come to that conclusion .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:36 AM   #5
Venus
Country girl
Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many
I am glad he is back. He makes me laugh.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2012, 11:32 PM   #6
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Will he ever be granted exclusivity for his cherished avatar?

I thought he should be able to have it until he gave it up.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:36 PM   #7
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And speaking of another of like ilk, I note that Kenny C is back. (passing through)

UPDATE--
I checked. He doesn't seem to be banned and the message is there, but he isn't back to posting. Last was a month or so ago.

Last edited by frahse; 02-25-2012 at 11:47 PM.
Old 02-26-2012, 04:34 PM   #8
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
And speaking of another of like ilk, I note that Kenny C is back. (passing through)

UPDATE--
I checked. He doesn't seem to be banned and the message is there, but he isn't back to posting. Last was a month or so ago.
I believe that he disagreed with a moderation decision and decided to take a break from MR. It remains to be seen if that break is infinite.

Personally, I'd like to see him back. I've always thought of him as one of the site's good guys
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:19 AM   #9
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Any one who has posted over the last 3-4 years could start listing the avatars.
Yes... my ignore list is impressive.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:46 PM   #10
frahse
occasional author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
I know nothing about the status or reasons about JS Wolf. However, I will note that there has been a movement to reduce the level of vitrol on this site. Many people have abandonded the site due to the high level of vitrol over the last 1-2 years.

I know of at least a dozen people who no longer post here, some of which were major contributors, due to the sense that it was no longer a warm happy, nay even a silly place to spend time. Any one who has posted over the last 3-4 years could start listing the avatars.

I don't post as much as I used to, basically for the above reasons. (Although I have been accused of occasionally causing some of the disharmony.)

Take it for what it is worth...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
I believe that he disagreed with a moderation decision and decided to take a break from MR. It remains to be seen if that break is infinite.

Personally, I'd like to see him back. I've always thought of him as one of the site's good guys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lyle Jordan View Post
I have only been here about 6 months, and I don't think it has been anywhere near bad. I do notice that some people seem very quick to complain out loud, and I think it is supposedly addressed indirectly to the moderators, about supposed misdeeds, though they can only point to a perceived mindset. The term "haters" has been used quite a few times by some seemingly at the drop of a hat. Kinda like kids that keep calling for the playground monitor to step in on their side for everything.
And the moderators seem to be jumpy as well like they had been read the riot act by the Chief.
Perhaps this over reaction is in part because of events in the past, like the cops showing a strong presence down where there was a brawl the night before.

Anyway, life is life and isn't all pleasantries and smiles.

(Isn't that why we read a lot? To experience the different flavors of life?)
Old 02-28-2012, 05:28 PM   #11
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
never used the ignore list...but I am sure I am on many a list at MR......Some people like to live in Candyland.....glad that JSwolf is back.....

Last edited by hidari; 02-28-2012 at 05:57 PM.
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:34 AM   #12
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lyle Jordan View Post
Who told you that?
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:32 PM   #13
frahse
occasional author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
Who told you that?
He probably can't hear you.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:40 PM   #14
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
never used the ignore list...but I am sure I am on many a list at MR......Some people like to live in Candyland.....glad that JSwolf is back.....
to everything you said. I've never used the ignore list (though I might be on a few), and I'm glad Jon is back.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:43 PM   #15
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
It is a feature for intellectual insects who can not hold their own in an open debate on any issues...and they have issues that turn amost any opinion differing from theirs into a moral crisis.

The ignore function protects them from a world they are mentally incapable of dealing with on their own.

We might call them "Ignore Ants."

Yes, I did type all this out to make one really awful pun...please ignore it...
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote