Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-09-2011, 07:55 PM   #1
akakie
akakie began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Question where is preferences

I just downloaded 0.8.4. The icon for preferences, once on the far right of the menu bar, is now missing. That makes it a little hard to do some things. What happened?
akakie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:14 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by akakie View Post
I just downloaded 0.8.4. The icon for preferences, once on the far right of the menu bar, is now missing. That makes it a little hard to do some things. What happened?
Sorry can't supply a exact answer, None of my Calibre installs have a 'Vanilla' menu.

Is there a set of arrows near the Right (more items, that won't fit)?
Is it on the bottom (2nd Menu)?
Or is it where I have mine: the icon-less Menu bar (like other Windows programs)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2011, 08:53 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
click the arrow at the end of the toolbar to see the remaining icons. Or press Ctrl+P to run preferences.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:13 PM   #4
akakie
akakie began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
click the arrow at the end of the toolbar to see the remaining icons. Or press Ctrl+P to run preferences.
I use a MacBook with OS X 10.6.7. Calibre's user interface is VERY non-standard. There is no menu bar at the top above the Calibre window. There is no right arrow at the right side of the Calibre window, no matter how small I make the window. Ctrl+P does nothing. Cmd+P does open preferences, but on other programs on Mac, Cmd+P prints a file. The Mac standard, cmd+comma now works as well.

Calibre does not appear in the Mac doc. Cmd+tab is the Mac default way to switch between programs, but Calibre does not appear in the list of running programs. All other Mac programs show a bar at the top of the page where program commands, including access to preferences, appear.

Calibre is a useful program, but the interface for Macs is really frustrating.
akakie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bug?