Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-04-2011, 09:32 PM   #196
Wildgift
Connoisseur
Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
That Larson book is EXCELLENT!
Wildgift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 06:43 AM   #197
Musashi
Zealot
Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 4th Generation. Kindle Paperwhite.
june20off and jun29us20 still works for me.
Musashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2011, 04:56 AM   #198
winsomnia
Groupie
winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: kobo Touch, kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmargm View Post
I had the same thing happen to me. I tried quite a few books and was unable to use the promotion code. I also know it isn't Kobo's fault but it does get a bit frustrating. I wish I had a list of publishers that don't allow "promotions". Would save me a great deal of time.
I jot down the name of any publisher I come across that doesn't offer deals with the promo codes. So far in my shopping, I've only come across two: Little, Brown and Company, and Grand Central Publishing.

Thus, every time I want to use a promo code and come across the name of that particular publisher on the ebook's page in the kobo store, I don't click on the "buy now" button. I back off and look for another book to use the promo code on. I don't let it get me frustrated. I just learn to avoid those publishers when shopping for deals.
winsomnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:57 AM   #199
p_a_smith
Me, Myself, but not I
p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Acer 200, Asus FHD, Kobo Touch
The big one I have found who will not allow codes is Penguin Group US.

On the checkout page it says "Due to publisher restrictions Promo codes are not allowed for this product."

Sigh.
p_a_smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:16 PM   #200
pdean11
pdean11 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
The DIAMOND code worked for the free book! Awesome! How did you hear about this? I never saw it anywhere...
pdean11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2011, 12:24 PM   #201
baronrus
Addict
baronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with others

Device: KO, KW, and KT
I wonder is someone (not me) should write an open letter to the publishing companies letting them know that we are keeping track of publishers who work under the agency pricing model and that we will be boycotting buying books from them. Perhaps if enough people on this forum and other like it let the publishers know that they will not tolerate being gouged form book prices then they will be a bit more realistic in their pricing?
baronrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:03 PM   #202
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by baronrus View Post
I wonder is someone (not me) should write an open letter to the publishing companies letting them know that we are keeping track of publishers who work under the agency pricing model and that we will be boycotting buying books from them. Perhaps if enough people on this forum and other like it let the publishers know that they will not tolerate being gouged form book prices then they will be a bit more realistic in their pricing?
Add the Hachette group to that list - in New Zealand anyway. That includes Hatchette, Little Brown, Orion, John Murray and Hodder Stoughton - or well over half the authors I like.

I have a thread on here about kobo's move to agency pricing with this group. I'm going to write to Hachette in NZ and complain about their pricing - although I don't hold out much hope but at least it will make me feel better!
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:07 PM   #203
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by winsomnia View Post
I jot down the name of any publisher I come across that doesn't offer deals with the promo codes. So far in my shopping, I've only come across two: Little, Brown and Company, and Grand Central Publishing.
Both part of that caring, pricing competitive publishing group - Hachette.
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:11 PM   #204
Musashi
Zealot
Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I did bought a book today, and the june20off code still works. *_*
Old 07-08-2011, 02:34 PM   #205
G0AT
Addict
G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
I did bought a book today, and the june20off code still works. *_*
I'll add it back to the OP. I simply assumed (wrongly) that it was dead.
G0AT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:43 PM   #206
Musashi
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdean11 View Post
The DIAMOND code worked for the free book! Awesome! How did you hear about this? I never saw it anywhere...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=141310
Old 07-13-2011, 02:27 PM   #207
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
welcome20 still works as of two minutes ago...
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 12:20 PM   #208
coinín
dust bunny
coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Sony PRS-650, BlackBerry PlayBook
Just tried the june20off, it comes up as expired.
coinín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:23 AM   #209
Andreiuta
Zealot
Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I wanted to buy some books from Kobo so I did a Google search for "kobo coupon" for pages updated less than a week ago. It returned at least 5-6 results listing "Kobodollaroff" as a valid code. Unfortunately it seems to be valid only in Canada so I have no way to verify it, but maybe other folks can do it.

Good luck!
Andreiuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:58 PM   #210
coinín
dust bunny
coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Sony PRS-650, BlackBerry PlayBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreiuta View Post
I wanted to buy some books from Kobo so I did a Google search for "kobo coupon" for pages updated less than a week ago. It returned at least 5-6 results listing "Kobodollaroff" as a valid code. Unfortunately it seems to be valid only in Canada so I have no way to verify it, but maybe other folks can do it.

Good luck!
I tried that one a few days ago with no luck, but I also have a sneaking suspicion that I might've used it already. I'll see if I can get someone else to try it this afternoon.
coinín is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals