Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-29-2010, 01:34 PM   #1
simple
simple began at the beginning.

Device: PRS650
'Watched folder' in Calibre

Hi all - sorry if this has been covered before, but I can't find anything about it!

I'd love to have a specific folder on my PC where I could save web pages, PDFs etc and have Calibre automatically import them on startup or at regular intervals.

Is this something I can do?? If so, pointers would be very handy!

Thanks
J
simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:06 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by simple View Post
Hi all - sorry if this has been covered before, but I can't find anything about it!

I'd love to have a specific folder on my PC where I could save web pages, PDFs etc and have Calibre automatically import them on startup or at regular intervals.

Is this something I can do?? If so, pointers would be very handy!
It has been covered before. It's difficult with the three different OSs that Calibre supports, so it's not on the ToDo list. You can do it yourself with a batch file/script and the Calibre command line tools. I don't recall any samples being posted, but you can search, and I do recall some posts on using the CL tools to automatically do new importing that would give you some tips on the adding books stage.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2010, 07:33 PM   #3
simple

Thanks!

Batch file sounds fine - I just want to be able to save/print all of my 'to-put-on-reader' files to a single folder, run a batch file manually or on a schedule, and have the files imported into Calibre.

I can't find anything much to guide me, though, so if anyone has a better command of the search tool, or can suggest where I might find the posts, I'd be grateful
Old 11-29-2010, 08:06 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you are willing to run it manually, why dont you just click the arrow next to add books and select add books from folder one book per file
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:13 PM   #5
simple

Hi Kovid - thanks for a great piece of software...

Clicking a button to run a batch file to process lots of files in the background would be much less hassle. Yes, clicking the buttons or dragging the files every once in a while would work too, but I was just hoping to set up something that would be less of an interruption to do
Advert