Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 08-07-2006, 07:20 PM   #1
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
Support update:

Return box arrived, put all the bits in it, and phones UPS, who came and collected it, this afternoon. So it's on it's way back for repair.

Will not be very interested in the next stage.

Am currently in a perfect mood to shout and scream at someone.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 03:02 AM   #2
DHer
Addict
DHer doesn't litterDHer doesn't litter

Device: iliad
Time to go to the meditation thread
DHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 03:26 AM   #3
ali
Addict
ali doesn't litterali doesn't litter

Device: Iliad, dude!
Oh boy. How long has it been since the initial failure? 17 days? I'm so sorry for you; I hope it will turn out good.

Btw, if you happen to understand german, this might help: http://www.spiegel.de/reise/aktuell/...430433,00.html
ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 03:36 AM   #4
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
My goodness, if they take too long repairing and returning the unit it could turn out to be faster to simply return the unit for refund and order a new one!

My sympathies... (as I try not to quiver in near panic about the state of my recently ordered unit upon its arrival)
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 03:43 AM   #5
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Yes, don't forget the iLiad stress-reduction program through mindful meditation
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 07:18 AM   #6
pitcher23
Zealot
pitcher23 began at the beginning.

I'm still waiting on my return box. 7 days now.
pitcher23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 07:24 AM   #7
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
have you phoned and asked them? Mine arrived within 2 working days.

My delay was then being crap about my email address. Which is (admittedly) odd.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 02:01 PM   #8
pitcher23
Zealot

I contacted them through email since I missed the window to call them during business hours. They did reply, only the reply was instructions on sending the device back once I receive the box

I am working overnights, so I will try giving them a call if I don't receive the box today.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:07 AM   #9
pitcher23
Zealot

I just got off the phone and support said the box was sent out and said the delay could be because it was being sent from Europe to the U.S., so I will give them a few more days before contacting them again.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:21 AM   #10
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

This past May I sent 3 10 kilo boxes via UPS Overnight from Hong Kong to Seattle and then boarded a return flight via Tokyo the next morning myself.

The boxes arrived at the front door before I got off the airplane in Seattle.

Back when the Apple Newton was first shipping some folks would just call Apple Care and order a return shipment box the day they received their Newton's serial number. I wonder if that will become a necessary strategy for the iLiad...
Old 08-09-2006, 10:55 AM   #11
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1024
Back when the Apple Newton was first shipping some folks would just call Apple Care and order a return shipment box the day they received their Newton's serial number. I wonder if that will become a necessary strategy for the iLiad...
Heh, at least Apple is known for its prompt delivery service. Girlfriend's new iPod nano was dead - so she ordered the return box, which arrived the next day. Within three more days she had the new replacement iPod in her mailbox.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 11:51 AM   #12
scotty1024
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic
Heh, at least Apple is known for its prompt delivery service.
They weren't being ordered because it took a long time to get them, they were being ordered because so many Newton's were DOA.

You would call every day after placing your order. When your order shipped their system would have your Newton's serial number recorded. The tech support person could then request you a return box before your Newton even arrived. (I still have mine in storage someplace)

Apple curbed this practice by finally offering advance replacement.
Old 08-09-2006, 02:15 PM   #13
pitcher23
Zealot

I'm guessing that Irex is sending the return boxes, at least to the states, using the cheapest/slowest service.
Old 08-09-2006, 06:10 PM   #14
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
Well...I hope the whole repair and returns thing doesn't turn into a fiasco...^^

Mine is still working fine, but I hope it'll be easy to repair/return if it ever does break...:-)
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 02:34 PM   #15
pitcher23
Zealot

Well, I finally got my return box, but I am a little confused on how to proceed. Their instructions tell me to :

"Place the white box (with iLiad reader) back into the original parcel received (brown box)."

Now by original do they mean the original brown box my Iliad was shipped in or the brown box that I received today that contained the empty white box?

I have RMA'd items before and they always included a return postage sticker for me to place outside the box. This return had none. Am I supposed to pay for this to be shipped back to them? I don't see anything in the box indicating a postage paid sticker or a new pouch.

Last edited by pitcher23; 08-10-2006 at 02:43 PM.