Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-05-2016, 03:27 AM   #1
Mistraou
Mistraou began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2
PRS-T2 - Adding books to SD Card

I am a new member. Been using the Sony PRS-T2 with the provided reader for several years but I am not happy with this soft.
Calibre is quite good but could be better. For instance, the possibility to add lots of books (from multiple directories) to the library is very useful but why is this not possible from the library to the SD Card of the PRS-T2 (only one book at a time...) ? This is time consuming...
Thanks for your comment.
Mistraou from France

Mistraou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 03:38 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I don't have a Sony of any sort, but you should be able to select as many books in the calibre library and send them to the device. I know the other devices work like that, and I'd be stunned if the Sony's don't.

What actually happens when you try to send two or more books?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 04:10 AM   #3
Mistraou
Mistraou began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2
To import books from my PC (several directories in one time) to the library, I select the directory containing all directories and it works. But I cannot do the same from de library to the SD Card, I must select one book after another.
Mistraou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 05:00 AM   #4
aleyx
Addict
aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Cybook Diva
I'm confused. I'm going to assume that when you say "import from PC to library", you mean "adding books from, let's say, the 'Documents' folder into Calibre". I don't understand what you mean by "doing the same from the library to the SDCard".

I don't know how you do it, but the way I send to my device is not at all the same as the way I add books to Calibre, so "doing the same" doesn't really apply.

To send books to your device, I select one or more books in Calibre, then click on "Send to Device" ("Envoyer vers le dispositif" en Français). There're a pulldown menu on that button where I can choose where on the device (main memory, SDCard) I want the books to go. Calibre can be configured so that the default destination for that device is the SDCard rather than the main memory (which is what I've done, personally).

(Well OK actually I use Reading List syncs, but let's stay with basic features for now.)

Is that what you were doing?

N.
aleyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 09:53 AM   #5
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Put them in Calibre and set the Collection / Tag field. After that, select them all in Calibre, right click and choose send to (whatever Sd-Card is), instead of to main-memory.

Folders don't work. You must use collections / tags.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote