Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-28-2013, 09:34 AM   #1
mdamsma
mdamsma began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Auto update covers?

Is it possible that when i connect my kobo glo Calibre auto update the covers
from the books in th main memeory of the ereader?
I thought i saw that function in a thread but i ca'nt find it anymore
Thanks
M Damsma
mdamsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:09 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I'm not completely sure what you want, but I am pretty sure the answer is no.

When a book is put on a Kobo device, the device generates the covers it uses from the book. You can have calibre send covers over at the same time as the book if the cover options are set in the driver options. The covers are not changed by calibre at any other time.

If you are copying a book from the Kobo device to calibre, the cover is not copied separately. The book is copied from the device and added to the library. Calibre extracts the cover from the book as it does this.

If that doesn't answer your problem, could you please explain what you are trying to do or want to happen in a bit more detail.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:18 PM   #3
mdamsma
mdamsma began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Oke,
I have several books (from other sites) put on the glo with calibre, in the beginning.
After a while i get to know calibre and metadata the books, so writer and serie and cover
Now it would be handy if calibre checks the cover and update it for new version
for example for a text cover a picture cover
is this possible?
mdamsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:43 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Sorry, there is no handling of covers except when you send the book to the device. If you need to change it, you should set the "Upload covers for books" option in the driver configuration and resend the book to the device.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:18 PM   #5
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
Calibre can download book covers and other metadata associated with a book from the internet. The book cover and the metadata can be seen in the Book List, Cover Viewer and other places within the program. However, whether you can get it on the Kobo is another matter.

If I understand how calibre does things (and I could be mistaken), when you send books to your device, what the device can use/display, depends on the file format being copied and your device itself. Some formats do not allow images. Some cannot accept metadata. Some accept only a limited amount or type of data. Again, what is available to you depends on the file format and the device.

I cannot advise you further, sorry. I don't know enough of how this works. You might want to search on "download metadata" to learn how to get covers and metadata from the internet. I would also search for Kobo or Kobo glo to find out if covers and metadata are supported.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote