Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-21-2010, 02:19 PM   #121
weateallthepies
Lord of the Pies
weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Sage, Onyx Boox Leaf 2, iPad Pro
I recently finished "The Changed" by B.J.Burrow, can be had for $1 at Smashwords.

Was a quick read and quite entertaining.
weateallthepies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:22 AM   #122
ZombieEatsYou
Groupie
ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 7" & 8.9"/Sony PRS 950/Entourage eDGe/Acer A500
Just noticed on amazon that Romero has a novel coming out soon; The Living Dead: The Beginning. ISBN 0446561835
ZombieEatsYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2010, 03:01 PM   #123
Traye
Zealot
Traye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle, Sony PRS505, Ipod touch, iPhone
I liked Davids Wellingtons "Monster" series.
I've also read The Strain by Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan which I believe is the first in a series.
Traye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:20 PM   #124
ZombieEatsYou
Groupie
ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieEatsYou View Post
Of course! Have read it twice actually.

Kings of the Dead is good so far. It's really short though, only 170 pages so it's fast reading. It's taking an interesting turn as well; one of the characters was bitten and had his hand amputated to contain any infection. Seems to have worked - but the man now has heightened senses, quicker healing powers, and superior strength. Zombies are getting quicker as well. Mysterious military drones are spotted...looking forward to where this is going.
Finished Kings of the Dead. It's actually on 107 parges, not 170. Not a bad read. Story was well done and author shows real familiarity with military hardware and has obviously given a great deal of thought into his situations. My only caveat is some of the characters and situations are a little thin. This is to be expected in a journal format to be sure but would have liked to see what the author could do with more pages.

Was also disappointed that the plot line with the bitten survivor gaining extraordinary powers was not expanded upon. It went nowhere unfortunately.

I give it three dead smilies out of five.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:27 AM   #125
sideburnt
Connoisseur
sideburnt began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-505
I am just finshing 'The Jetty Journals' by Ian Buchanan, which although a quick read has stood out as being quite well written and well worth a read if this one has passed you by.

4 teenagers survive an initial outbreak of super virus, resisting the virus with individual cases of chickenpox. The novel takes the unusal choice of a female lead for the genre and come across as less hammy than the Rhiannon Frater novels.

Well worth a read, Four Zombies out of Five.
sideburnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2010, 10:29 AM   #126
ZombieEatsYou
Groupie

Thanks. Read a sample of The Jetty Journals over on smashwords; looks good.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:15 PM   #127
ZombieEatsYou
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburnt View Post
I am just finshing 'The Jetty Journals' by Ian Buchanan, which although a quick read has stood out as being quite well written and well worth a read if this one has passed you by.

4 teenagers survive an initial outbreak of super virus, resisting the virus with individual cases of chickenpox. The novel takes the unusal choice of a female lead for the genre and come across as less hammy than the Rhiannon Frater novels.

Well worth a read, Four Zombies out of Five.
Good pick. I's a real page turner. Not finished yet but I logged in 40 pages before I knew it. Hopefully it keeps up like this.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:39 AM   #128
jament
Enthusiast
jament doesn't litterjament doesn't litter

Device: Sony 505
I just noticed that Mark E Rogers' (of Samurai Cat fame) zombie novel The Dead is now available as an e-book. It had been out of print for a while and is a great book.
jament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 07:12 PM   #129
ZombieEatsYou
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jament View Post
I just noticed that Mark E Rogers' (of Samurai Cat fame) zombie novel The Dead is now available as an e-book. It had been out of print for a while and is a great book.
what store and format?
Old 05-04-2010, 07:22 PM   #130
Mrgauth
Addict
Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3
My favorite zombie book to date would have to be The Undead Situation. Such a unique twist with the protagonist being a serial killer. Loved it and cannot wait for the sequel. The ending had me groaning for the next book. Hurry up Eloise Knapp if you are out there listening.
Mrgauth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 01:24 PM   #131
jament
Enthusiast
jament doesn't litterjament doesn't litter

Device: Sony 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieEatsYou View Post
what store and format?
Sorry, Amazon and Smashwords.

Multiple formats.
jament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 03:12 PM   #132
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrgauth View Post
My favorite zombie book to date would have to be The Undead Situation. Such a unique twist with the protagonist being a serial killer. Loved it and cannot wait for the sequel. The ending had me groaning for the next book. Hurry up Eloise Knapp if you are out there listening.
Yeah looking forward to a sequel myself. I thought the ending was very interesting.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:17 PM   #133
ZombieEatsYou
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jament View Post
Sorry, Amazon and Smashwords.

Multiple formats.
Thanks!
Old 05-05-2010, 08:20 PM   #134
ZombieEatsYou
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrgauth View Post
can't find this on the ebook search engines, where is it?
Old 05-06-2010, 07:50 PM   #135
ZombieEatsYou
Groupie

Finished "The Jetty Journals" (smashwords). Pretty good overall. A virulent strain of flu strikes the world. Most die, some live but become mindless "ferals" who harbor uncontrollable anger (think "The Rage"). Four teens with immunity band together in an attempt to survive. Some of the Australian terms threw me off at times. And the ending was very abrupt. I'm reminded of an old National Lampoon magazine article about "how to become a writer." The joke was the Lampooner advises the aspiring writer that when you don't have an ending to your story just end it with your heroes getting hit by a truck.

I have a lot more to say about "The Jetty Journals" but suddenly I am hit by a truck.

I've been waiting 30 years to use that joke.

Last edited by ZombieEatsYou; 05-06-2010 at 07:52 PM.