Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.32%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.19%
haven't used yet 209 56.49%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-08-2012, 06:13 PM   #226
perry261
perry261 began at the beginning.

Device: infibeam pi
duokan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by inameiname View Post
Gotcha. I was just curious as it sounds like its totally different folders being used (xKindle vs Dk ones) and I wasn't sure.

And yeah, you always gotta expect some bugs. I know it was a big release, meaning a lot of new stuff added/removed/tweaked/updated, and that often makes for even more potential issues.

I am unable to find " auto page flip" menu . Where has it gone ?
It was a very useful feature .
perry261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:29 AM   #227
George's Kindle
Enthusiast
George's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bach68 View Post
New year and new italian file for Duokan 2012.
Happy new year.

When you install the italian file - are there still some Chinese terms left - for example some headings in the settings menu?
George's Kindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:00 AM   #228
bach68
bach68 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by George's Kindle View Post
When you install the italian file - are there still some Chinese terms left - for example some headings in the settings menu?
Yes. I use the english file as template, but some string are still in chinese.
I hope they release a complete file for translation.
Bye
bach68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:17 AM   #229
anxobaltar
Enthusiast
anxobaltar began at the beginning.

Device: kindle Oasis 9th Gen
Good news!!...DK 2012 R1 version has been released and it works in K4 NT.

the bad news (for me at least) is that the installation method is complex and is explained in Chinese so I do not dare...
anxobaltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:49 AM   #230
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Update

DuoKan for Kindle3:
Version No.: 2012-01-14.C5044.rtm
File Size: 60.1MB
Suitable models: kindle 3
Updated: 2012.1.14

Installation package: kuaipan , vdisk
k3 Caution: If you are experiencing does not recognize usb copying files, you need to plug in the USB disk in the computer repair and restart about.
You can also update via WiFi:
0. Load Duokan from the boot screen
1. connect WiFi
2. (if it doesn't prompt for the update) System Settings >> check update.

---------------------------------------------------
DuoKan for Kindle4NT:
Version No.: 2012-01-14.C5044.rtm
File Size: 62.1MB
Suitable models: kindle 4 non-touch
Updated: 2012.1.14
Installation package: kuaipan , vdisk

k4 non-touch installation Notes:
  • 1 Please strictly follow the tutorial:Duokan 2012 for Kindle 4 NT(translated).pdf
  • 2 If the installation process to exit the diagnostic mode, you can refer to the following:
    By clicking on the menu on the bottom line of the "Exit ....", diagnostic mode to return to kindle the main menu, and select" 'Exit, Reboot or Disable Diags'"->"' Disable Diagnostics ",, and follow the prompts to press the left confirm (FW Left) exit. Wait a moment, the device will reboot and return to normal mode;
  • 3 If the encounter does not recognize usb copying files, you need to plug in the USB disk in the computer repair and repeat again.
  • 4 In step 4, if not into TEQUILA-Enable USBnet interface, press the right to the key, return the previous step, and then continue until you get to TEQUILA-Enable USBnet.
  • 5 In step 5.2, if the windows device manager, did not find the device, press the right on the Kindle to exit, select enable usbnet, press the OK button. And then install the device driver.
Note: please write your installation experience into this thread (some from duokan.com)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzinante View Post
At boot time you can press press "back" button to use duokan os or "home" button to use kindle os.
--------------------------------------------------

Updates this week:
New features:
1 support the Kindle 4 non-touch version;
2 support the ePub / MOBI multi-level directory;
3 mini progress bar mode, click the menu button, page bottom right corner of pages;
4 restored the reading statistics, auto flip function;

Improvements:
1 optimized text rendering, plus black, instantaneous turn page after treatment will not blur;
(2) optimize the ePub / MOBI page number display strategy, in the background page when the page is not displayed, page after page display accurate;
3 speed optimized flip, flip will be faster;
4 strategies to optimize the page again to open a page after the completion of the book is no longer re-paging, making the power consumption reduced;
5 Open the TXT-optimized speed;
6 to optimize the installation process: to DK_System thin, remove the directory to look Lite to save space;

Repair:
1 second fixed view TXT files can not be smart off books catalog chapter problems;
(2) fixed the problem does not save the progress of reading;
3 unsuccessful push the problem fixed;

As usual , you should use en.duokan.com or this email address: kindleuser@duokan.com to send your feedbacks.

For K3 users: old launchpad keys doesn't work for this new one.
Launchpad loader for Duokan2012 is on this post

Last edited by thomass; 02-24-2012 at 05:59 AM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:15 AM   #231
anxobaltar
Enthusiast

Here it is...sorry Thomass but I have not been able to send it by pm.

I do not know anything about usbnet and besides it's all in Chinese so ...But I'm very interested because I'm using a K4 NT and I miss the DK
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Duokan 2012 for Kindle 4 ??Î?Í©?¤.pdf (1.86 MB, 1820 views)
Old 01-14-2012, 11:46 AM   #232
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anxobaltar View Post
Here it is...sorry Thomass but I have not been able to send it by pm.
Thanks
Old 01-14-2012, 01:28 PM   #233
thomass
Wizard

Post Tutorial to install DuoKan on Kindle4NT(translated)

I've just translated Duokan 2012 for Kindle 4 ??Î?Í©?¤.pdf into English using Google Translator:
Duokan 2012 for Kindle 4 NT(translated).pdf

(this process needs a PC with Windows7/XP )

Last edited by thomass; 01-14-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:18 PM   #234
anxobaltar
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
I've just translated Duokan 2012 for Kindle 4 ??Î?Í©?¤.pdf into English using Google Translator:
Duokan 2012 for Kindle 4 NT(translated).pdf

(this process needs a PC with Windows7/XP )
Thanks,
Do you mean that the installation does not work with Vista?
I understand the steps but I worried about not having a plan B in case my k4 becomes a Brick, and not to mention that I use vista...
Old 01-14-2012, 08:59 PM   #235
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Thanks,
Do you mean that the installation does not work with Vista?
Vista should be Ok too. However steps may differ from the tutorial.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:44 AM   #236
HaReL
HaReL began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 4 NT
Hi!
I successfully installed Doukan 2012 on my Kindle 4NT.
The main reason why I wanted to try Doukan is the (supposedly) Hebrew support.
As for now, in the book's name the Hebrew letters are'nt shown at all (It shows squares instead) and inside the ePub the RTL isn't working.

Thanks for your hard work!
HaReL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:19 AM   #237
anxobaltar
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaReL View Post
Hi!
What OS do you use 7, vista, xp?.

I recognize that from the point 5 I have no clear the steps..."present this card to configure the IP address" and i am not sure if the chinese images can help me.

I am a novice in these things. I hope that later they simplify the method...
Old 01-15-2012, 07:19 AM   #238
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Hi!
Wov congrats!
Now you are our expert on this issue Be ready for difficult questions
Quote:
As for now, in the book's name the Hebrew letters are'nt shown at all (It shows squares instead) and inside the ePub the RTL isn't working.
The RTL problem already mentioned in en.duokan.com I hope they could fix this.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:01 AM   #239
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
MR user Matan created a custom fbKindle build for Kindle 3s and might be able to create a version for K4s, too, if there was demand for it.

Since neither proper dictionary lookup nor support for RTL languages such as Arabic and Hebrew works, I'm going to downgrade to Duokan Lite, which at least had working RTL support.

If fbKindle had a smart PDF reflow option, I'd immediately uninstall Duokan, because it becomes more and more bloated in each version without adding useful features.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:24 PM   #240
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
"present this card to configure the IP address"
probably means setting IP on Network COnnection> [For an item]Change Adapter Settings> Networking>[on IPv4 ] Properties

this page may help: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/19249...-or-windows-7/

For vista:

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf