Notices

Old 11-04-2011, 03:02 PM   #1
JPS
Connoisseur
JPS doesn't litterJPS doesn't litter

Device: iPad II
Sigil doesn't respond !

Hi !

I'm trying to correct some EPUB ebooks which have quite a lot of errors...

The problem is that as soon as I use FIND/REPLACE, the program hangs !

Moreover, it takes an awful time to respond to any command I give...

I have the latest version, 0.4.2 on a laptop with dual core 2.2 Go. and 4 Go of memory ! I beleive that should be well enough to run the program !?!

Any idea ?

TIA,
J-P.

Last edited by JPS; 11-04-2011 at 03:13 PM.
JPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 04:05 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPS View Post
Hi !

I'm trying to correct some EPUB ebooks which have quite a lot of errors...

The problem is that as soon as I use FIND/REPLACE, the program hangs !

Moreover, it takes an awful time to respond to any command I give...

I have the latest version, 0.4.2 on a laptop with dual core 2.2 Go. and 4 Go of memory ! I beleive that should be well enough to run the program !?!

Any idea ?

TIA,
J-P.
It has been a long time since I have seen a S&R hang problem.

Could you post a screen shot with the search term and replace terms (and all the ticks and buttons) shown so we might spot what might be odd.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2011, 05:32 PM   #3
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Are you running the s&r over multiple files or just the current one? Are you using a mode such as regular expression?
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:23 AM   #4
JPS
Connoisseur
JPS doesn't litterJPS doesn't litter

Device: iPad II
Hi ! Thanks for answering ! Here's a screen-copy of what happens:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, I checked at work too ! I have a Dual core 3.16 Go with 8 Go of RAM, on Windows 7 !

...and the problem is the same: as soon as I COPY a -wrong- sign from the text, then in Sigil, EDIT > REPLACE, in "Find what" I paste the sign and in "Replace with" write the correct sign and click on REPLACE ALLL, the program hangs !

...Haaahaaa ! I did it in BOOK VIEW ! ...and I just discovered now -after having read USER_NONE post- that if I switch to CODE VIEW, it works ! Why that ?

Now, other question:

In the texts I'm correcting, there are -in french- CAPITAL letters with accent, like È (ALT 0200) or À (ALT-0192), and the same accentuated letters but in small caracters, like é (ALT-0233) or à (ALT-0224), so, when I ask to replace the wrong caracter with the ALT-xxx sign FOR THE CAPITAL, Sigil replaces even the SMALL LETTER by the CAPITAL...

Does this sounds complicated ? Sorry, english is not my mopthertongue and even in french, it's now very easy to explain... (plus the fact that YOU, english speaking/reading/writing, do not have ACCENTUATED LETTERS !!!

Heeeeelp !
J-P.

Any idea ?

Last edited by JPS; 11-05-2011 at 11:26 AM.
JPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:28 AM   #5
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Click more at the bottom of the dialog and ensure case sensitive searching is enabled.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert