Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: you like your day off?
Yeah, they should give me more of these! 9 28.13%
So so, a day off doesn't mean a day relaxing! 2 6.25%
No, I hate day's off! I wished I could resume working soon! 1 3.13%
The blue fish option! 20 62.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-16-2009, 01:03 PM   #16
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
Yay!
I'm going for worlddomination, so my birthday will be celebrated in every country.
That'd be great! Then everyone here would have a day off at the same time
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:10 PM   #17
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
This is a relatively new holiday in Ontario called "Family Day". The provincial government promised an additional holiday in the last election and it was supposed to promote spending more time with your family.

There were already provincial specific holidays though and Ontario had less them some so most large companies evened out the benefits by giving "floater day holidays". A lot of people are not happy that they lost their summer floater day for a day off in the middle of February.

For me a bad holiday beats a good day at work.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2009, 01:24 PM   #18
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
one should (at least try to) have family time every day... That way one does not need an extra holiday.
But spending time with family is important!
especially in these times!

I bet a lot of people will use that day for other purposes.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:37 PM   #19
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
strange,
noone's celebrating holidays when I'm having my birthday
Quote:
Yay!
Thats one person less to recognize me!
6.885.053.614 people to go (according to Worldpop).
6,760,956,174 to go according to Popclock
I'm going for worlddomination, so my birthday will be celebrated in every country.

That'd probably be the only thing I'll do as king of the world...
Happy ProDigit Day!

Let's all get drunk and shoot off some fireworks!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:41 PM   #20
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Happy ProDigit Day!

Let's all get drunk and shoot off some fireworks!

sounds good to me !!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2009, 01:46 PM   #21
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
My company doesn't take today as a holiday, but many of my customers do -- so I've got a very good situation. Work (and particularly e-mail) is very slow. I probably should have taken a personal holiday (the term around here for those floaters) and gone for a long drive.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:56 PM   #22
Laine
Addict
Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Voyage
There are lots of scary things about growing older. The creaking of my knees, for example.
But there are benefits too - like retiring and being able to spend as many hours as you like reading.

Laine

Last edited by Laine; 02-16-2009 at 01:57 PM. Reason: spelling error
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:17 PM   #23
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
It all makes sense now!

Now I understand why business was slow at work, and why I didn't have any mail when I got home. Now I just need to figure out why I kept getting attacked by inanimate objects at work today. I started off by slamming my finger in a cupboard door, then the spout fell off of the sink when I turned it on and water sprayed in my face, and I topped it off by catching my trouser pocket on the handle of another cabinet door and nearly falling on my face.
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:18 PM   #24
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I didn't have today off
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:19 PM   #25
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fledchen View Post
Now I understand why business was slow at work, and why I didn't have any mail when I got home. Now I just need to figure out why I kept getting attacked by inanimate objects at work today. I started off by slamming my finger in a cupboard door, then the spout fell off of the sink when I turned it on and water sprayed in my face, and I topped it off by catching my trouser pocket on the handle of another cabinet door and nearly falling on my face.
Wish I could have been a fly on the wall......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:25 PM   #26
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Wish I could have been a fly on the wall......
I think I provided entertainment for my co-workers, at least.
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 07:14 PM   #27
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
My birthday was always the occasion for a holiday all through school and college.

Which might have something to do with it landing in the summer holidays...
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:31 PM   #28
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
When I mentioned earlier today is Presidents Day I was misspoken. Officially today is Washington's Birthday. You can read more about it here:

http://www.snopes.com/holidays/presi...sidentsday.asp
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:33 PM   #29
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
I had a Nice day. Spent all day under the covers with my girlfriend. than read my book while she slept curled around me. Yep, it was a good day.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:33 PM   #30
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
I would suggest they let the calendar people and schools know.

Its listed as "Presidents day" on the calendar, and even the schools and newspapers call it 'Presidents day.

Why? Because if you repeat something often enough, it becomes a fact.

I am so sad.........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote