Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 11-03-2013, 08:37 AM   #1
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Unable to mount system\app directory

I want to get rid of the various apk files that eat of battery (cellstandby, telephony, etc). However I am unable to mount the system\app directory to be writable.

I tried with rootexplorer, but it doesn't display file / folder names. The t1 working apps wiki page said something changing to mono display mode to get rootexplorer , but I couldn't find the setting.

ES filemanager cannot mount the folder and neither can totalcommander or terminal emulator.

Should I install putty and do it from my pc via a USB cable?
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:08 AM   #2
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Well, 33 views and no responses. I can only assume that nobody here had succeeded in writing to the system/app folder to rename those apks. Oh, your battery life must suffer!

Here's a link re: root explorer not working effectively (i.e. no file-names visible):
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=188512

I'm surprised there's not more discussion about it, but that's rooting e-readers for share. It's rarely documented.

Maybe I'll just grope blindly to the system/app folder and mount it. Probably the easiest. Except that I probably tried that and it didn't work. Oh well.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote