Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 01-07-2011, 09:13 PM   #76
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Reading this book now. Very good so far
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:19 PM   #77
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmay View Post
The Kinshield Legacy was named one of the top four reads of 2010 today on DailyCheapReads.com by Mobileread's own Grace Krispy!

Thank you, Grace! You REALLY REALLY made my week!!
You deserve it!! That choice was a no-brainer!

(thinkpadx and I are waiting for the sequel, by the way....)
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:05 AM   #78
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I believe I have this one on my TBR list for this year. Sounds like I'm going to enjoy it.

Regards
Caleb
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 04:42 AM   #79
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
(thinkpadx and I are waiting for the sequel, by the way....)
Oh yes. The sequel has been on my wish list ever since I read the first book
Don't get me wrong the first book stands alone fine as it is, but there's definitely room for a sequel.
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:24 AM   #80
kcmay
Addict
kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2
Thank you so much!! Your kind words give me the warm fuzzies.

I'm working on the sequel now, in fact. Just taking a break for some breakfast and forum-browsing, then back to it.
kcmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:12 PM   #81
kcmay
Addict
kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Darkiss, on his review blog Darkiss reads, wrote this about The Kinshield Legacy:

"Well written and highly entertaining, you are taken on an adrenalin fuelled roller-coaster ride of excitement and exhilaration. K.C. May is well worth adding to your fantasy collection and will sit comfortably beside David Eddings, Raymond E. Feist and Stephen Donaldson."

Full review can be read at http://www.darkissreads.com/2011/01/...y-k-c-may.html

Old 01-18-2011, 09:30 PM   #82
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Wow - if you can sit comfortably next to Stephen Donaldson, it looks like I'm in for a good read. Great compliment.

Regards
Caleb
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:30 PM   #83
kcmay
Addict

Thanks! Yes, that one took me quite by surprise! (In a very VERY pleasant way, of course)
Old 02-03-2011, 08:03 PM   #84
kcmay
Addict

Got a new blogger review this week:

"The story is wholly interesting and by the time you get to the end you realize that although it doesn’t go out of its way to add much new to the arena, it is definitely entertaining. That is really all I ask for out of this sort of classical high fantasy book. Entertainment plain and simple. You will get that with THE KINSHIELD LEGACY in spades."

http://icebergink.blogspot.com/2011/...kinshield.html
Old 02-11-2011, 06:49 AM   #85
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek
MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Onyx Boox M96
Hey there KCMay,

Great to see how well the Kingshield is doing and I see you've gone for a completely different cover for the Venom of the Vipers!

Boy I miss out on so many things when I take a leave!

Paul.
MrPLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:23 AM   #86
kcmay
Addict

Because I was having a new cover made for the sequel, I decided to update the cover of Kinshield AGAIN! Hehehehe. Here's the new one:

Old 08-05-2011, 11:22 AM   #87
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek
MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Onyx Boox M96
Aww... I have to say I did like the original one (?) because it was very clear and readable due to its brightness - that said I can "feel" that the new cover has pushed more into the "Published" cover style and as such should work well, Whom ever does your covers does have a good eye for the essential elements to portray the right sort of style, does well in stopping people thinking "Indie"
MrPLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 03:10 PM   #88
kcmay
Addict

Every cover is better than the one before! hahahaha! I love this one much more than the previous, which I loved WAY more than the original. This one doesn't say "indie" at all.

Tags
epic fantasy, fantasy ebooks, fantasy novels, sword and sorcery, women warriors