Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-05-2009, 11:50 AM   #1
drp
drp began at the beginning.

Device: none
Folder structure when adding vs. saving books

Hi,

I wonder if anyone has a solution for this...It seems that when I add books to my library, Calibre creates a new folder with the author's name and copies the book there. For instance the folder would be called 'Leo Tolstoy'. Now when I change the metadata for some books and I want to save it, Calibre creates a new folder with the author's surname first, and copies the book in there. So now there is another folder called 'Tolstoy, Leo'. I don't want to have these duplicates, it makes no sense. Even if i get ride of the duplicates, if I want to add or save again they will be re-created. I can't find anywhere in the preferences how to change the folder naming....Any ideas?
drp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 12:55 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
You can't change the folder naming scheme. Also, you should not be touching any of the files it creates outside of the application. Think of that directory as a black box. If you need to get a file out of Calibre use either Send to Device to get it on a reader or Save to Disk.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2009, 01:19 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
When you change metadata, the old folder is deleted, provided there are no other books in the library that share the old author name. So there are no duplicates, unless you have multiple books in your library that represent the same author name in different ways.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote