Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-05-2009, 07:25 AM   #1
est_jor
Enthusiast
est_jor began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000s
1.6 pressreader

I use the one free month pressreader with 1.5 software and really dont like the experience .
Anybody has experience with 1.6 ?
est_jor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:24 AM   #2
smp_iliad
Connoisseur
smp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-books

Device: KindleDX, iPhone3Gs
I really like pressreader 1.6. There was substantial changes that is worth to check out.
smp_iliad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2009, 11:23 AM   #3
myprecious
Zealot
myprecious began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
I have only tried the new version - nothing to complain about.
myprecious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:28 AM   #4
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by est_jor View Post
I use the one free month pressreader with 1.5 software and really dont like the experience .
Anybody has experience with 1.6 ?
What didn't you like about pressreader in 1.5, maybe someone can tell you if it's been fixed/changed if they know what specific things you didn't like?
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:22 PM   #5
est_jor
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
What didn't you like about pressreader in 1.5, maybe someone can tell you if it's been fixed/changed if they know what specific things you didn't like?

Sure I can tell .
The fact the DR shows a little more than a quarter of the page when zoomed.
You can not read the full page. Maybe if the 1.6 refresh is faster this thing did not have bothered me .
And mainly the fact that I could not be able to jump pages and not able to select parts of the journal .
Using the pan with the style is not a very good way .

Maybe the problem is not the DR or the software , probably the problem is the journal wich is very big .
Advert
Old 06-05-2009, 06:43 PM   #6
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
You can optimise your newspapers for viewing before you download them to your DR. I've seen instructions - I'll find them again and post the link.

You can export newspapers to the DR at different zoom levels.

With 1.5, I clicked on article headlines to view them and that worked well. I find panning with the stylus when zoomed quick and easy.

1.6 has several improvements. The ToC with hyperlinks to articles is great and you can access it from every page. (There's a new toolbar with 1.6)

Here's links for optimising and exporting with changed zoom level:

http://blog.pressdisplay.com/2009/02...irex-dr-1000s/

http://support.irexnet.com/index.php...nloaditemid=41

Last edited by cbell; 06-05-2009 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Added links
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:52 PM   #7
keng2000
Researcher and Consultant
keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: MACBOOKPRO17" HP2400TX SONYUX27
It take long time to transfer, I prefer publishers to rearrange e-newspapers style other than real paper look=alike. That means 6" is enough, if they would do.
keng2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 11:52 AM   #8
est_jor
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by keng2000 View Post
It take long time to transfer, I prefer publishers to rearrange e-newspapers style other than real paper look=alike. That means 6" is enough, if they would do.
Yeah ,
I think this is the solution too . Otherwise , i would prefer the paper newspaper besides rearrange e-newspaper .