Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-03-2013, 11:14 PM   #1
PhotoCollector
PhotoCollector began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 3
Large collections of files

Hi,

I'm a photography geek, die hard history of photography buff, and as such I have ammaseed a very large collection of pdfs with photos and or information.
All from public domain or from manufacurers hompages.

I also happen to be an electronics newbie and have dowloaded quite a lot of data cheets and old public domain books on the early days of electronics.

I like calibres way of doing things.

What I dont like is that it copies files.

I want it to move the file from where it is in to Calibres db/filethingamajig and remove it from the folder it was copied from.

Reason for this is my former archive was a mess, one folder and a crapp load of pdfs.

If calibre copies them into its own database, that is perfect, what is not perfect is that I dont want files at two places on my drive since space is an issue. it can not hold two copies of the collection.

Is this even a possibility?

Thanks for bearing with me, I know people ask about the copy thing before but most seem to want to use Calibre as an indexer only, which I am not interested in. If this is Off Topic, or if there is a thread about it (I have searched but not found one) please point me in the right direction .

Than you for your time
PhotoCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:26 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoCollector View Post
What I dont like is that it copies files.

I want it to move the file from where it is in to Calibres db/filethingamajig and remove it from the folder it was copied from.
Go to Preferences - Adding books - Automatic Adding tab and set up a folder that will automatically add anything you place in it.

Now just move the books you wish to add to calibre to this folder. Once the book is automatically added to calibre, the book will be deleted from this folder. If you had moved the book to this folder from its original position then when finished adding, this book will no longer exist anywhere but calibre's library.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2013, 03:27 AM   #3
PhotoCollector
PhotoCollector began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 3
Smile

Thank you very much DoctorOhh!

That was exactly what I was trying to figure out how to do.

+1 in Karma for you.
PhotoCollector is offline   Reply With Quote