Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-20-2012, 07:56 PM   #1
javi_alex27
javi_alex27 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Booxtor can you help me? Chm on Onyx Boox M92

Booxtor I have a lot of chm files on my computer, but only a few can open on my onyx boox M92.
I want please if you could ask for more support of chm files on the onyx, I am already using the new firmware 1.7.

Please help me.
javi_alex27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:11 PM   #2
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Get a CHM editor and try to play with the files a little, that might solve the problem
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2012, 01:04 AM   #3
maindoor
Enthusiast
maindoor began at the beginning.

Device: hanlin
What happens if you use use 1.6 firmware ? I hear it was reasonably robust.
maindoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:28 AM   #4
Beryll Snyder
Banned
Beryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Nook classic, PB 903, Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by javi_alex27 View Post
Booxtor I have a lot of chm files on my computer, but only a few can open on my onyx boox M92.
I want please if you could ask for more support of chm files on the onyx, I am already using the new firmware 1.7.

Please help me.
Most ereaders are not capable to handle all files well. The forte of the M92 lies in rendering PDFs and Epubs well/very well.
The company producing the device have their hands full improving things for these formats.
Aren't chm files Windows help files? May conversion into epub is an option.
Beryll Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:20 AM   #5
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryll Snyder View Post
Most ereaders are not capable to handle all files well. The forte of the M92 lies in rendering PDFs and Epubs well/very well.
The company producing the device have their hands full improving things for these formats.
Aren't chm files Windows help files? May conversion into epub is an option.
CHM is a modified form of HTML
Advert
Old 02-21-2012, 07:28 AM   #6
kamizase
Connoisseur
kamizase doesn't litterkamizase doesn't litterkamizase doesn't litter

Device: Onyx Boox 60
CHM isn't developed anymore since 2003 or so, there is no point to waste time on making them work better. Convert them to ePub with Calibre.
kamizase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:36 AM   #7
Beryll Snyder
Banned
Beryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Nook classic, PB 903, Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by PF4Mobile View Post
CHM is a modified form of HTML
As is epub.
Meaning what exactly?
Beryll Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:46 AM   #8
PF4Mobile
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryll Snyder View Post
As is epub.
Meaning what exactly?
That means you can play with the file and convert it easily in any other convenient format like someone suggested above.

Last edited by PF4Mobile; 02-21-2012 at 01:23 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:24 PM   #9
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Sorry, didn't see you made a new thread. But I think the suggestions of other users above could solve your problem. Or you could just do what I mentioned in another thread.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:24 PM   #10
PF4Mobile
Guru

I just played with mine, used a couple of chms and the reading is better than for PDFs. No annotations though