Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-10-2011, 11:25 AM   #1
kzante
kzante began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
[Old Thread] New Kobo Touch not visible in Calibre

I've been using calibre with my Kobo original for about a year. Just go the new Kobo touch this morning and can't sync with calibre. the device does show up on my desktop. any suggestions? calibre is updated to latest version as well.
kzante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:26 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....etected-by-app
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2011, 11:39 AM   #3
kzante
kzante began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
thanks Kovid, done.
kzante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 08:46 PM   #4
aloneandeasy
aloneandeasy began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Thanks Kovid

I just wanted to say how awesome Kovid is for writing Calibre and for being active on forums when people have issues!
aloneandeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:37 PM   #5
nicob
nicob began at the beginning.

Device: kobot touch
My kobo touch is recognised intermittantly .if I go to preferences I canot find a plug in.
nicob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2012, 12:24 AM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicob View Post
My kobo touch is recognised intermittantly .if I go to preferences I canot find a plug in.
If it is being recognised sometimes, then the driver must be there. You can search for the driver in the plugins preference screen. If you look for "kobo", the first entry found should be the one you want.

Other things check:

- What version of calibre are you running?
- What firmware is on your Kobo Touch?
- When calibre doesn't recognise your Touch, does the operating system see it?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:20 AM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicob View Post
Two possible ideas. When it is not recognized, unplug whatever other device or phone you may be charging from the USB port and try again. Or get a new cable that isn't loose.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote