Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 01-29-2007, 02:04 PM   #1
drahnreb
drahnreb began at the beginning.

Exclamation Anouncement Hanlin V9 (DIN A4 E-Bookreader)

Hi,

i visited http://www.jinke.com.cn/compagesql/English/index.asp and there are pictures from a new DIN A4 E-Bookreader from Hanlin.

Who has more informations about this products?

Bernhard
drahnreb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 03:13 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Hi Bernhard, thanks for the tip. Check out this thread which discusses possible the Jinke's product plan for 2007.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:28 PM   #3
miyami
miyami began at the beginning.

Device: hanlin v8
you can go to http://www.jinke.com.cn/CompageRelea...oper/index.asp
leave a message they may help your question
miyami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:12 AM   #4
LVD
Connoisseur
LVD has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.LVD has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.LVD has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyami View Post
you can go to http://www.jinke.com.cn/CompageRelea...oper/index.asp
leave a message they may help your question

Most likely, V9 will go on sale in the middle of 2008. PVI is not ready to begin yet a batch production of screens for this device.
We wait for the beginning of manufacture of displays and controllers.

LVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 08:46 PM   #5
|2eason
Connoisseur
|2eason is on a distinguished road

Device: Tatung Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD View Post
Most likely, V9 will go on sale in the middle of 2008. PVI is not ready to begin yet a batch production of screens for this device.
We wait for the beginning of manufacture of displays and controllers.

Does Hanlin use PVI? All of their literature says eInk.
|2eason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 12:20 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by |2eason View Post
Does Hanlin use PVI? All of their literature says eInk.
That's because it is e-ink.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 03:06 PM   #7
|2eason
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That's because it is e-ink.
Well, I got to admit, after looking at E-Inks' and PVIs' websites, I'm completely confused. PVI claims to have bought up the 'e-paper department of Philips Corp' and it also says it's product are 'made possible by combining PVI's active matrix technology, together with the electrophoretic technology pioneered by Eink Corporation'

But EInk corp make no mention of PVI. The only link seems to be funding from Philips. Both manufacturers claim to be the 'only' one to make active matrix e-paper. It seems Eink invented it and PVI copied it or purchased rights through philips? Or are they the same company now?
Old 07-15-2007, 03:36 PM   #8
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
It is a bit confusing. Particularly if you look at PVI's site (they seem to ... overstate things a bit).

Here's the nutshell version. E-Ink, inc. (obviously) invented e-ink the product. They licensed manufacturing of it to both Phillips and PVI. My understanding is that Phillips has exclusive licensing for Europe, PVI may have (and probably does have) exclusive manufacturing rights but they'd have to be for 'not' Europe -- though I've never seen anything as to where their license does or doesn't cover, but PVI and Phillips are the only companies currently making the stuff, so I'd suspect that its exactly that: not-Europe.

To add to the confusion, there are other companies making similar displays that use somewhat different mechanisms, but they are usually careful to call their products "e-paper" rather than e-ink.

Hope that helps sort it out a bit.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 03:53 PM   #9
|2eason
Connoisseur

Ok, so Eink don't actually manufacture their own product, they sell the design to others? So I'd assume Sony make their own EInk displays, IRex buy them from Philips and the like of eRead and Hanlin get them from PVI. Think I got it. Certainly explains why the Iliad has dodgey screens; Philips aren't that good with build quality.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:47 PM   #10
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by |2eason View Post
Ok, so Eink don't actually manufacture their own product, they sell the design to others? So I'd assume Sony make their own EInk displays, IRex buy them from Philips and the like of eRead and Hanlin get them from PVI. Think I got it. Certainly explains why the Iliad has dodgey screens; Philips aren't that good with build quality.
You're not too far off, |2eason. E-ink, inc. doesn't make any of it, they license the design to others (so that they keep control of it). Phillips/iRex makes their own screens, that they use exclusively for their products (as far as I know) and everyone else, including Sony, gets their screens from PVI. I'd guess that Sony must do some pretty good product checking on the screens they get from PVI, since people seem to have relatively few problems with them.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 01:23 AM   #11
|2eason
Connoisseur

I'm really impressed with the specs for the V9x. If it was vizplex it would be better of course, but it still looks like the best of the bunch without it.

I've just fired off an email to the procurement department of RM extolling the virtues of EInk devices. As far as I can tell they supply most of the UK education system for ICT equipment and they certainly have the buying power to bring the Hanlin to Europe. To me, they seem like the perfect company and the perfect market. I can only hope they're interested and if they are, that Jinke can supply the quantities.

Last edited by |2eason; 07-16-2007 at 02:15 AM.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:53 PM   #12
|2eason
Connoisseur

A quick question for anyone in the know(LVD?). Will there be a V9 model with both wifi and digitizer? I see the v9c has wifi but no stylus whilst the v9t has stylus but no wifi, but nothing with both. Is there a technical constraint preventing both being included? It seems to me that it would be a logical addition as the top of the range model.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:35 AM   #13
Boris
Enthusiast
Boris began at the beginning.

Device: Tablet PC, a broken Iliad V2
Hanlin V9 series release date put back to the end of the year and beyond?
http://www.jinke.com.cn/Compagesql/E...tail.asp?id=34
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:45 PM   #14
|2eason
Connoisseur

Well spotted! LVD mentioned there were problems with production at PVI.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:25 AM   #15
Huyggy
Zealot
Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Onyx Max 3 & Onyx Lumi 2
Very very bad news...
The v9 series were exactly what I waited for: big screen of 10"! (the best to read PDFs).
I don't know whether I can wait for 6 months more, but the sony reader or Iliad don't suit me...
Huyggy is offline   Reply With Quote