Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-24-2013, 02:16 PM   #1
JenV
JenV began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
stuck on working screen

I downloaded some books from the Kbo shop, ejected and now I just have the smiley screen with working blobs continuously running. I can switch off and on but no change, neither does pressing the reset in the back. Tried re-connecting to the PC but not recognised. I can get blue lights and green lights. Help!!
JenV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:03 PM   #2
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊
Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2
There is a thread here with some suggestions
Willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:48 PM   #3
JenV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa View Post
There is a thread here with some suggestions
Thanks - I had tried all those things before with no luck. Having left it for an hour unplugged but with the screen showing the working symbol I've been able to activate Restore (I hope - it's taking it's time, fingers crossed ....)
Old 03-24-2013, 03:52 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
My wife experienced issues when she went to update her Touch to the 2.4 series of firmware; it hung on the same smiley screen. I tried a few things, and finally just left it plugged in for some time to ensure the battery was fully charged.

I then did the reset reboot (with the unit powered off, hold down the home button and power on) which initiated a factory reset and all was fine (apart from having to reload all content etc).
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:33 PM   #5
JenV

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
My wife experienced issues when she went to update her Touch to the 2.4 series of firmware; it hung on the same smiley screen. I tried a few things, and finally just left it plugged in for some time to ensure the battery was fully charged.

I then did the reset reboot (with the unit powered off, hold down the home button and power on) which initiated a factory reset and all was fine (apart from having to reload all content etc).
Thanks - its good advice. The desktop did update the software on the ereader so I guess it was something to do with that. Such a waste of time sorting it all out, you'd have thought Kobo would have found whatever makes it freeze up/corrupt and fix it.

After considerable time (and advice from you guys) we're back up and running. I had other plans for my Sunday evening though!

Thanks for your help.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:38 PM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Glad you're back up and running And yes.... I know the feeling about the time.... In my case it was the next morning when I was told of the problems.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote