Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 04-27-2010, 07:27 AM   #1
Greenkeeper
Connoisseur
Greenkeeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greenkeeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greenkeeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greenkeeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greenkeeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greenkeeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greenkeeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greenkeeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greenkeeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greenkeeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greenkeeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Tales from the Green series - YA Fantasy

It's been two years since I completed my first novel, The Magic Flute, and as I mentioned previously it was due for an overhaul. Today I'm here to announce the 2nd ediition of the first entry into the ongoing Tales from the Green series, and to celebrate I'm doing a free giveaway at Smashwords from now until May 1st. Just go here and use coupon code UJ26V for your free download. While you're there be sure to check out my other books and don't forget to leave a review for good or ill.

Amazon Customers - I'm also working with Amazon customer service to allow those who have already purchased this book to receive the updated version if they so choose. Emails should be going out sometime in the near future though I wasn't given an ETA.

Other Online Retailers - Just a note to anyone who uses Barnes and Noble, Apple Store, Kobo, etc. Since I publish through Smashwords it will be several weeks before these stores receive the updated version. I recommend going straight to Smashwords (again, UJ26V for a free download) or Amazon if you want the 2nd edition. If you've already read the original version rest assured that the overall plot is unchanged and won't effect anything that happens in later sequels; the new edition just revises how it is told in some places (especially around the ending) while eliminating old typos and formatting errors. Think of this as the George Lucas edit with all the great special effects that should have been in the original but weren't

Tales from the Green Book One: The Magic Flute

DRM-Free version and other formats available at Smashwords

For a young boy named Alex Samuels, suburban life is a meaningless waste of time. Wake up, go to school, get kicked off the baseball team, beat the latest videogame, repeat as necessary. As he nears his thirteenth birthday his apathy knows no bounds. Things had been different when he had been a child, though. Back then he had believed in magic.

Fueled by his grandpa's fairy tales of his own supposed adventures in a magical world known as the Green, Alex had once believed he too could be a hero. That is until well-meaning parents had quashed his dreams with a harsh dose of reality. He long ago gave up on believing in fairy tales; too bad they never gave up on him! When his grandpa gave him the old wooden flute for his birthday it became one more piece of junk in his closet. That is, until, real life monsters from out of the old stories come to visit. Now, swept away by the magical song of the flute Alex finds himself in the Green, a wild land in which humans are a myth long forgotten. Join him as he rediscovers friendship, heroism, and the magic of his childhood that was once lost.

Tales from the Green Book Two: The Wizard's Tome

DRM-free version and other formats available at Smashwords

The Tales from the Green saga continues! Though he struggled for weeks to find a way back to Earth, Alex finds himself returning to the Green to help his new found friends face the evil of the dragon Ssvalith. Even as he and the elf princess Kira embark on a quest in search of answers that will aid them in their fight the forces of the dragon begin to stir. Rampaging trolls answer the call of dark sorcery. The proud dwarves march against their former allies, the elves of the Mists. Wyrms skulk in the shadows.

To unravel prophecy and restore order to the Green, Alex will have to make new allies, endure new hardships, and face foes thought long vanquished. His grandpa's old stories won't be enough this time in guiding him toward his goal. The answers he needs may yet lie in the Tome of Kezerik.

Tales from the Green Book Three: Spider's Web

DRM-Free version and other formats available at Smashwords

The adventures continue in the largest tale yet! At last accepting his role as the bearer of the Sword of Oaks, the boy hero Alex Samuels has come far during his time in the Green. Will his growing powers be enough, though, when enemies abound...even among his so-called allies? As friends abandon his side and foes plot his destruction, all will find themselves drawn into the Spider's Web...

Check out my blog at http://sdbest.blogspot.com for news of upcoming projects, short stories, excerpts, and my general ramblings about the writing process.

Last edited by Greenkeeper; 03-23-2012 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Free eBook offer for 2nd edition
Greenkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:03 AM   #2
mbelec
Addict
mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, Ipad 3
Thanks! I really enjoyed the first book and look forward to reading the second!
mbelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:00 PM   #3
Ladylynn
Shoulda known better...
Ladylynn began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Thanks! They're both on my TBR list.
Ladylynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:42 PM   #4
Greenkeeper
Connoisseur
Greenkeeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greenkeeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greenkeeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greenkeeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greenkeeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greenkeeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greenkeeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greenkeeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greenkeeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greenkeeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greenkeeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you all for your overwhelming response so far! Thanks to you Tales from the Green Book One: The Magic Flute is currently the #1 best seller in young adult at Smashwords.com, and #3 overall! Tales from the Green Book Two: The Wizard's Tome is currently #3 in young adult and #19 overall.

Everyone has two more weeks to get Book Two free with coupon code XV28M, so act now! Remember, I crave feedback so feel free to email me at spamnotron@yahoo.com or write me a review at either Smashwords or the Kindle store.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:04 AM   #5
Greenkeeper
Connoisseur

Final bump of this post just in case any missed it. Just a few days left to get your free download from Smashwords. Thanks again to everyone who has already downloaded a copy. It's much more satisfying to write new material when you know people are reading your books
Old 06-17-2010, 02:54 PM   #6
Greenkeeper
Connoisseur

Free for October: Book One of the Tales from the Green series - YA Fantasy

Post deleted due to thread merger

Last edited by Greenkeeper; 10-14-2010 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Halloween Give-a-way
Old 06-22-2010, 10:50 AM   #7
Greenkeeper
Connoisseur

My author interview at Two Ends of the Pen is up today. You can check it out here. Many thanks to Debra Martin for the interview.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:43 PM   #8
Greenkeeper
Connoisseur

It took a few months but my first customer review is on Smashwords regarding The Wizard's Tome

Quote:
Very enjoyable. I am planning on getting the first book, and am looking forward to the release of the next one.
Also, just taking this opportunity to let everyone know that I am keeping my prices at 99 cents in spite of Amazon's new 70% royalty for books priced $2.99 and up.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:42 PM   #9
Greenkeeper
Connoisseur

Tales from the Green 4th of July Special - Choose Your Price-

Edit: This deal has ended, with many thanks to those who participated. The Smashwords edition is now back to the normal price of 99 whopping cents!

From now until Monday on Smashwords, buyers can choose their price on books 1 and 2 in the Tales from the Green series! And yes, that does mean you can choose "free" as your price, though free customers owe me a review

Tales from the Green Book One: The Magic Flute

Tales from the Green Book Two: The Wizard's Tome

Last edited by Greenkeeper; 07-05-2010 at 11:46 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:01 PM   #10
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Please note the 4th of July special from the author.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:31 PM   #11
Greenkeeper
Connoisseur

A new interview about the book has gone up at Indie Books Blog. Check it out here
Old 07-28-2010, 11:38 PM   #12
BexBits
Zealot
BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Nook classic, Nook Simple Touch, Nook HD
I bought both of these and read them -- they were quite engaging and I will be looking for the sequel.
BexBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:29 PM   #13
Greenkeeper
Connoisseur

Much appreciated. If you have the time to leave a short review (or even to copy/paste what you just wrote) at whichever site you got the book from it'd really help me out. That one review I have so far is lonely
Old 07-29-2010, 04:35 PM   #14
BexBits
Zealot
BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Nook classic, Nook Simple Touch, Nook HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenkeeper View Post
Much appreciated. If you have the time to leave a short review (or even to copy/paste what you just wrote) at whichever site you got the book from it'd really help me out. That one review I have so far is lonely
Will do. I'm trying to get in the habit of doing that because I know it's important for the author but I'm not hitting 100% yet by any means.
BexBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:27 PM   #15
Trebro
Connoisseur
Trebro began at the beginning.

Device: nook
I'm about 1/3 of the way through book one and am very happy so far. This is yet another instance where an author special made me take a chance and now I'll be buying more!
Trebro is offline   Reply With Quote