Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 07-28-2010, 08:54 PM   #1
billingd
Enthusiast
billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kobo
Lees, J.A. & Clutterbuck, W.J.: Three in Norway. v2. 30 Jul 2010

Three in Norway (by two of them) is a travelogue from the 19th century in Norway. First published in 1882, the book tells, in an engaging humorous and deadpan style, the adventures of three friends who set out to fish and shoot through one long summer, traveling by canoe and camping along the way in Jotunheimen, a mountainous area. This amusing party make light of the rigours of outdoor life in Norway and enjoy every minute of their idyllic tour. Pristine lakes full of large eager trout, which have never seen an artificial fly, heather hills rich with ptarmigan and reindeer, the sturdy characters among the Norwegian country folk they encounter, all are described with a freshness and verve which are irresistible. (From wikipedia).

It served at an inspiration for Three Men in a Boat, by Jerome K Jerome.

This is the first book I have posted here. Feedback welcome.

V1 (2010-07-29) 27 views
V2 (2010-07-30)
Replace one figure with higher resolution version.
Minor formatting fixes.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Three_in_Norway_v2.epub (3.28 MB, 843 views)

Last edited by billingd; 07-30-2010 at 06:55 AM. Reason: New revision
billingd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 02:47 AM   #2
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Thanks for the upload!

It looks very nice using Lucidor and EPubReader.

Converts okay to mobi for Kindle, although the margin settings seem to make it indent unevenly on one side, and for some reason, the Table of Contents and List of Illustrations all run together into one giant block of text with no line breaks.

But I expect that's a limitation of the prc/mobi format or some sort of bug in Kindlegen. And margin aside, the actual text formatting reads very nicely indeed.

About the only improvement I could possibly suggest would be to use curly quotes. But that's a minor typographical nicety which some people prefer to do without.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2010, 01:17 AM   #3
billingd
Enthusiast
billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
About the only improvement I could possibly suggest would be to use curly quotes. But that's a minor typographical nicety which some people prefer to do without.
The source material from PGDP had single quotes. I didn't ( and don't) want to edit the text after three rounds of proofreading - just add some formatting
billingd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 04:26 AM   #4
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Thanks for posting this. Once upon a time I owned this book and I'd forgotten all about it till I saw your post here. I'm looking forward to reading it again.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
humour, norway, travel