Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-05-2010, 03:31 PM   #1
LivresInOz
LivresInOz
LivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Kobo: Forma + Libra|Galaxy: TAB A7 + Note 8 tablet|Boox: Note Air 2
Question The larger Boox: when and how much? (for Mike from Onyx)

This is a question for Mike from Onyx.

Hi Mike, you said the larger versions of the Boox will be delayed until around June, and it's June now - so I was hoping for an update.

Could you please tell us what the latest info is on the
1. release date(s)
2. expected price(s)
of the boox 8 inch or 9.7 inch - whichever is coming out first?

I can only afford one ebook reader every few years, so if the new, larger ones are coming out in the next 4-8 weeks I'd like to have the option of buying that one.

Thanks!

[Message changed on 9 June to simplify and harmonise :-) Obviously everyone else should feel free to delete if they want as well. I really do prefer harmony.]

Last edited by LivresInOz; 06-08-2010 at 04:21 PM.
LivresInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 03:26 AM   #2
Delta Tango
Groupie
Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Onyx Boox
I sense much hate in you. Patience we must have.
Delta Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2010, 11:52 AM   #3
Geppetto
Addict
Geppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS600, Cybook, Hanvon N520, Sony PRS300, Onyx Boox, Kindle 3
How many larger-than-6-inches ereaders did you see coming to the market in the last YEARS? Unless they are cheaper than 350 euros they simply don't have any market: nobody will buy them. And companies DID understand it, in the end.
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 02:09 PM   #4
LivresInOz
LivresInOz
LivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

deleted

Last edited by LivresInOz; 06-08-2010 at 04:00 PM.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:32 PM   #5
Delta Tango
Groupie
Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

If your private message was even remotely similar in tone with your post here, I wouldn't be surprised get no reply at all.
Even if Mike from Onyx was your personal friend you went to school with, this wouldn't be the way to talk to him.

I do know what corporations do and how they work, however, it is your choice to decide whether you want to pay them for their product or not, and customers, including yourself, decide on their fate and on how long they are going to stay in the market. If you think their attitude towards their potential or existing customers is not up to your standards and expectations there are plenty of others to choose from.

I wasn't making a personal attack. I was only commenting on the tone of your post which is impolite to say the least.
There are other ways to express what you said above, but in words that not only are not offensive (which those are), but polite and will surely produce a better result.

Honestly, if I were Mike I wouldn't bother answering to you at all until you manage to come up with something that can be considered as a polite question from an adult.
Unfortunately, it may be that Mike is obliged to answer all inquiries, whether they deserve a reply or not.
Advert
Old 06-06-2010, 02:36 PM   #6
Delta Tango
Groupie

Believe it or not, but everybody makes judgments about others as soon as they have the first contact with them.
Unfortunately for my judgment of you, our first contact happens to be your asking for some information while you rudely accuse the person you ask it of being only profit driven and not caring about customers.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:01 AM   #7
Magnesus
Connoisseur
Magnesus is on a distinguished road

Device: Bebook Neo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Tango View Post
I wasn't making a personal attack.
Actually I think you were.

I'm very interested in an answer to zenji question. I hope we will receive at least some information...
Magnesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 05:00 PM   #8
LivresInOz
LivresInOz

deleted

Old 06-07-2010, 05:13 PM   #9
LivresInOz
LivresInOz

deleted

Old 06-07-2010, 05:28 PM   #10
LivresInOz
LivresInOz

deleted

Last edited by LivresInOz; 06-08-2010 at 04:01 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:00 AM   #11
webba84
webba84 is on a distinguished road

Device: Boox 60 aka Bebook Neo
Nope, not too much to ask. The method of asking however...
webba84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:46 PM   #12
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Thanks for 'harmonizing'!

Part of the answer is here: http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...bea-2010-onyx/
They say there is a delay due to 'development problems'. I may be wrong, but it does not sound as if the large readers will be there within the next couple of months.

Earlier this year the Chinese lady who is the CEO of Onyx commented in an interview that they had the design of the large readers ready, but decided not to start selling them yet because they found them too fragile. A large glass screen like that breaks too easily. I don't know if that is still the problem, but if they decided on a redesign it's obvious that that takes time.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 05:45 AM   #13
Magnesus
Connoisseur
Magnesus is on a distinguished road

Device: Bebook Neo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetmolm View Post
Earlier this year the Chinese lady who is the CEO of Onyx commented in an interview that they had the design of the large readers ready, but decided not to start selling them yet because they found them too fragile.
Thanks. That explaines a lot.
Magnesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 01:42 PM   #14
fromi
fromi began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
Exclamation

Hello, I read this topic and could see, that may be not all of us could write poems, but anyway the question is still opened and as many of other readers I am also curious regarding the future and it will be very nice to get the answer from the first hand.
Regards,Ferenc
fromi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:12 AM   #15
eLiNK
Addict
eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PRS-505, KDXG
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromi View Post
Hello, I read this topic and could see, that may be not all of us could write poems, but anyway the question is still opened and as many of other readers I am also curious regarding the future and it will be very nice to get the answer from the first hand.
Regards,Ferenc
Indeed.
Would appreciate some input as well.
eLiNK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boox, boox 8 inch, boox 9.7 inch, integrity, onyx